Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
I also have the Rolling Thunder res delete kit, but I put on the Mopar Quad's. I guess he is going to be offering the round tips now. :)

I PM'ed Dirt asking about drone. Any issues for you?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I want those tips Dirt, gimme gimme:browsmiley:

What size are these tips (OD of the actual tip)? 3.5"??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Does anybody know what size the factory exhaust tips are. I am thinking about replacing the tips and aftermarket ones range from 2" to 3.5" inlet.
One thing to keep in mind is the tips are not a slip on style. They attach to the back of the resonators with a flange clamp. Or in my case Magnaflow Mufflers. Stock resonators suck.

·
Registered
2015 392
500 Posts
I dunno about the change in sound, but these staggered babies definitely change the appeal. Resonator removal does help for an easier install. The OEM tips do match the tail light design, but me thinks they should have done quad tips from the factory. These remind me of trumpets announcing my presence when @ WOT...

Yeah, as I said... Resonator delete makes for easier install.

Reactions: Toyaholic and Triz

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dunno about the change in sound, but these staggered babies definitely change the appeal. Resonator removal does help for an easier install. The OEM tips do match the tail light design, but me thinks they should have done quad tips from the factory. These remind me of trumpets announcing my presence when @ WOT...

Yeah, as I said... Resonator delete makes for easier install.

where did you bought them?

·
Registered
2015 392
500 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Early gift from Santa.

4" Flowmaster tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to a local shop yesterday and he said he didn't recommend putting them on because they would stick out quite a bit and apparently the metal on the tips is different than that of the resonators which would cause the welds to eventually crack. :/

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I went to a local shop yesterday and he said he didn't recommend putting them on because they would stick out quite a bit and apparently the metal on the tips is different than that of the resonators which would cause the welds to eventually crack. :/
Better find another shop that can weld. But, yes, either the stock resonators in place the FM tips will likely stick out too far.

·
Registered
223 Posts

The tips stainless, and they will be welded to standard muffler steel, a little different to weld but a good weld shop would never turn you away. I welded in stainless cats on my srt10s non stainless system and ran the shit out of it for years no cracking or leaks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got the 4" quad Flowmaster tips on. Looks mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Reactions: sneako

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did the tip change the sound at all? And you have 3.6 or 5.7