Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to polish the exhaust tips?

Thanks in advance, Rick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Eagle One Never Dull. Used for years on my chrome bumpers. Leaves them shining perfectly and they bead any water that gets on them.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
How do you guys clean your tips? do you bother trying to get all the soot/deposits out of the inside, or just leave it and use the never dull on the outside to get a nice shine?

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I use Meguiars NXT Tech 2.0 wax- the same that I use on my paint. It really protects the chrome and leaves it with a great shine. Stay away from harsh, abrasive chrome cleaners.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Meguiars NXT Tech 2.0 wax- the same that I use on my paint. It really protects the chrome and leaves it with a great shine. Stay away from harsh, abrasive chrome cleaners.

Thanks NXT is what I plan to use on the car so that makes it simple!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Same as Cuda 340. I also use it on my wheels. It makes it easier to cleen the brake dust off the inside. I have 6 and 10 year old boys, small hands get between the spokes of the wheel and caliper to get the rim clean. For the tips outside only don't worry about the inside.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Remember that chrome polish is ideal for chrome, and a metal polish is ideal for stainless steel. You have to know the finish of your tips, as metal polish can scratch chrome plate. Most exhaust tips are stainless steel, while the exhaust trim rings tend to be chrome.

Mothers Chrome Polish is a mild cleaner/polish ideal for chrome plate.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish is a true metal polish for aluminum, stainless steel and other bare metals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts