Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the newer Challenger exhaust tips seam to mount to the car and the pipe just exits into them.
I would like a set for my 2012 as the Tool who put the pipes on mine before I got it has them all out of line and I am looking to cut and weld a little bigger pipe onto them. So these would make it a lot nicer to finish the job.
Anyone have a set of take offs out there ?
Thanks up front on this !

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have a RT. But I am pretty sure there mostly the same ?
This is something that has kinda bothered me, they do the same thing on the Chargers at least up to the R/T, the Scat Packs an above the exhaust tips are mounted to the resonator. Can't understand why they didn't make it the same for all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
As far as I am aware, the R/T has the tips clamped, and tack welded to the resonator stock. The SXT (V6), like mine, have the chrome bright tips bolted to the valance, and the pipes just exit within them. I'm not sure if the bolt holes are there? But the last part of your exhaust stock is the ball on the actual resonator that the tips clamp to.

008.jpg

013.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is Just what I am looking for . My car Dosent have the Mufflers there just pipes and the Ball is welded to the end at the Wrong angle so There all Kissy Wankus ! But with those ends I can run 2.5" pipe rite into them. So Those are what I am looking for !

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I have a set off of my 2013 rt, took off at 500 miles, can send pictures, $150 shipped. 601-826-0546 if you want pictures , pm me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I see that the newer Challenger exhaust tips seam to mount to the car and the pipe just exits into them.
I would like a set for my 2012 as the Tool who put the pipes on mine before I got it has them all out of line and I am looking to cut and weld a little bigger pipe onto them. So these would make it a lot nicer to finish the job.
Anyone have a set of take offs out there ?
Thanks up front on this !
Did you get what you needed? I have a set of stock tips from my 2016 that I don't need...$75.00 shipped Lower 48.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts