Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys and gals, new to The forum, my apologies if someone has already created this thread.. just purchased a brand new 2019 Challenger SXT. I am absolutely loving the car but I want it to sound like it looks lol. New to muscle cars and upgrading things but not new to mechanic work. I have owned some gigantic pieces of shit in the past. My last one being an 08' Dodge avenger RT. Anyway, I am looking for some suggestions. I've been eyeballing the borla setup but it's a little pricey. I've also been looking at a flowmaster setup. I'm not going to go too crazy with upgrades, I keep this one for three years and then trade up to a scat pack but in the meantime I would like a little more pep. I think after the exhaust I'll throw in a cold air intake and a pedal Commander and probably call it good. Don't really see the need in investing more than 3K into upgrades when I will inevitably trade this up for it's bigger brother. Thank you in advance for your ideas and recommendations.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Spend a week or so reading, entry level for an actual "little more pep" is about 5 grand, plus labor and loss of warranty.
If you really want to change the sound, spend some money, but don't really expect an other-than-butt-dyno change.

Wait a month or so, buy some stock, and get the upgrade for free later!

Not sour grapes, been researching for years for mine, the OEM upgrade IS the value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's kind of weird cuz I've seen many YouTube videos of people putting several different types of Cat-Back exhaust on and it sounds great. I guess I should have specified when I said "pep" I just wanted to sound a little better as in not silent.. and I'm pretty sure I don't have to spend five grand to do that. I'm not really looking to change horsepower just a little better throttle response with thepedal commander and maybe a 10 horsepower gain with a cold air intake. Not looking for horsepower I'll upgrade that when I upgrade the car 👍 I do appreciate your input thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I have the Solo Performance exhaust, and 100% satisfied

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I have the Solo Performance exhaust, and 100% satisfied

A Guy
Thank you brotha!! And it's reasonably priced. Did you stick with your stock tips or did you end up purchasing other ones? I'm leaning towards buying the quad tip but I'd like to hear your input first. And thank you for the recommendation I would have ended up spending $1,600 on some borla exhaust that I've no idea how it's going to sound.. The last thing I want is my Challenger to sound like a goddamn Honda ripping down the road lol. Also since I have your attention have you done any other upgrades? Along with the cat back exhaust definitely going to do a Mopar cold air intake and I'm going back and forth on a pedal Commander or throttle body upgrade with spacer. I know the pedal Commander will not give me any horsepower edition but from the reviews I've heard it works wonders with throttle response. Thanks for getting back to me dude, look forward to your reply!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
The exhaust info is all in the link to my install ;) Dual quad tip choice with the Solo Exhaust. I have an AirAid CAI, it won't add any HP, got it for the Lifetime cleanable filter, and the looks/sound. A throttle body and/or spacer also will add no HP. The Pedal Commander is a driveability/feel mod, also no increase in performance, but everyone who has one really likes it.

All my mods are cosmetic, even the exhaust which was for sound has the dual quad tips

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might go with the Mopar CAI just cuz I like the looks of it but I was kind of hoping to get an extra 10 HP out of that but it does make the car sound a lot better or at least it did with my RAM. And every review I've read about the pedal commander people seem to love.. did some research with the throttle body, and I think I'm going to stay away from that. They all seem to require a tune after installing. if anything I may go with a programmer instead. I'm trying to cap my upgrades at 3K. I don't really want to dump more into it than that because I will be upgrading in a few years. But I'm definitely 100% with the cat-back exhaust, pedal commander, and cold air intake. I think I'll just stick with that stuff and then do some cosmetic things If there's any money left. I've seen some really cool fog lights that change color and stuff.. You have excellent taste in color also FYI 👍😁
15851501383858600195816040603436.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Lol, once you go black...you'll always be cleaning it...I think that's the saying :D

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you are correct about that I've owned it for two weeks and I've already gone through a bottle of nanowax lol. I used to own a Dodge ram that was black and I loved it, I love my Challenger equally as much. It is a ***** to clean but nothing looks nicer than a jet black vehicle shiny as hell with zero fingerprints, especially at night under the street lights. . I want to thank you for your recommendations and helping a new guy out 👍 I didn't really know if I wanted to stay on this forum with the first guy that replied. He gave off that feeling that if you didn't own a scat pack there was no point in buying a Challenger type of guy. **** that shit, I love my car! And you never know I may not upgrade to the scat pack I've been eyeballing a supercharger kit for the 3.6 pentastar. They guarantee 435 horsepower on the asphalt. It's a $6,000 upgrade, before labor 😅 but it's far less than the scat pack. I really like the thought of putting a lot of time and effort into this one opposed to just buying a billy badass car off the rack. Who knows brotha, Time will tell! You're ever in Arizona, if ya need someone to hang out with or place to stay hit me up I got you covered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts