Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After reading all things possible online i found that thread and tried track mode and located the problem it seems.

This is my problem , the thing is ... i dont want to take it to the dealer for the 100th time in less than 4k miles.

dealing with them is just a pain and doubt they would solve it even though i know the problem in the 4 days it will stay with them.

so the squeaking sound goes away when in track mode.

same as the guy in that thread suggested.

any possible way to solve this quickly at home?

where are these valves exactly?

anyone had this problem before?

thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have not had this problem. However, they are located near your axle. You will see an actuator mounted to the pipe. Mine are relocated in the trunk so issue with any sounds or codes. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not had this problem. However, they are located near your axle. You will see an actuator mounted to the pipe. Mine are relocated in the trunk so issue with any sounds or codes. Good luck!

You mean you removed yours and threw them in the trunk right?:ROFLMAO: “Not a native english speaker”

no codes or nothing from the car.

just a huge squeaking sound that everyone can hear every 5 seconds.

since you removed them , do you have any pictures of them?

And any solution you can suggest that i can quickly do assuming they look ok?

this car is a lot of trouble man , i have yet to see a car around me that need this many fixing in less than 5k. “ no huge mechanical problems” but still. Shouldve been better is all.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I figured i would just do a search for a picture & circle them to help rather then describe there location

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured i would just do a search for a picture & circle them to help rather then describe there location

appreciated , so the exhaust has to be opened in order for me to reach the problem since i’m guessing it is from the inside.

that sucks ... if i drive the car for another 3k for the next service and let the dealer know about it then , will it cause any problems in your openion?

again thanks and appreciated

·
Registered
772 Posts
appreciated , so the exhaust has to be opened in order for me to reach the problem since i’m guessing it is from the inside.

that sucks ... if i drive the car for another 3k for the next service and let the dealer know about it then , will it cause any problems in your openion?

again thanks and appreciated
Np. U may be able to use like a rust Penetrant or something between the actuator and the exhaust. There is a litte spring in there & that maybe where the sound is coming from as it moves.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine were relocated to the trunk with a kit I found somewhere in this forum a couple years back when I went with aftermarket exhaust that had no provision for them. I personally didn't want them. This car is meant to he heard - LOL. First pic shows what they look like on the pipe without the actuator in place so that you have an idea. I got the relocation kit from Swaim Custom Fabrication and couldn't be happier. They get moved to each side of the trunk behind the "fabric" so they are unseen. Second pic you can see the three nuts that mount the actuator to the side wall of the trunk between the trunk panel and the rear fender. Wire harnesses are included to connect them with no CEL.

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
772 Posts

This is something that will just show u what all is in it. U don't have to do the mod un less u want but I figured he it pulling it apart & u can see.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mine were relocated to the trunk with a kit I found somewhere in this forum a couple years back when I went with aftermarket exhaust that had no provision for them. I personally didn't want them. This car is meant to he heard - LOL. First pic shows what they look like on the pipe without the actuator in place so that you have an idea. I got the relocation kit from Swaim Custom Fabrication and couldn't be happier. They get moved to each side of the trunk behind the "fabric" so they are unseen. Second pic you can see the three nuts that mount the actuator to the side wall of the trunk between the trunk panel and the rear fender. Wire harnesses are included to connect them with no CEL.

I've really thought about doing something like this to mine or the plates but I've been leaning more to relocating them really. That way there out of the elements & less likely to fail.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Why would you want to relocate them?

i don’t understand the purpose of relocating them at all. I mean since you went with an after market exhaust.

i tried thinking but it’s not working up there.

since it’s not warranty , and u got an aftermarket exhaust. Why did you go through the trouble of relocating them?

just for the heck of it
or what am i missing here lol.

Np. U may be able to use like a rust Penetrant or something between the actuator and the exhaust. There is a litte spring in there & that maybe where the sound is coming from as it moves.

Wont hurt to try i guess.

you mean just regular wd40 right ?

ahhh a new car and all this ... doesn’t need this much technology imo , perfect the way it is.

Something to control the exhaust note? I mean why.

Every week a new problem.

5 years driving a used ws6 with zero problems since it didnt even have traction control lol.

guess i just got unlucky with this car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The new exhaust had no place to mount them - wide open all the time. Without them in the circuit, you get a CEL. Relocating them kept them in the circuit. The car thinks they are still there. On start up, they can heard clicking and actuating in the trunk as the car does its self test

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are what makes this forum amazing.

thanks again and will give wd40 a shot and see what happens.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You guys are what makes this forum amazing.

thanks again and will give wd40 a shot and see what happens.
Anytime man. Know this that WD40 original is a lube not a rust Penetrant. WD40 dose make a rust penetrant & I think it comes in like a yellow can. Eather way your trying something so go for it. Lol. Good luck

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anytime man. Know this that WD40 original is a lube not a rust Penetrant. WD40 dose make a rust penetrant & I think it comes in like a yellow can. Eather way your trying something so go for it. Lol. Good luck

Saw them and just sprayed all over the place with out lifting the car so couldnt really be specific in my spray location lol. Just soaked them wet.

Will go for a ride now and update.

i understand that you mean a different thing than the original wd40 now.

if not lubing the area ,
you are suggesting that there is rust and the product will remove it correct?
Just so i understand and thanks

one thing i forget to add since track mode removes the noise.

i could almost swear the squeak is from the front and these are located in the back , but testing over n over with track mode the sound was gone. Just a thought.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Saw them and just sprayed all over the place with out lifting the car so couldnt really be specific in my spray location lol. Just soaked them wet.

Will go for a ride now and update.

i understand that you mean a different thing than the original wd40 now.

if not lubing the area ,
you are suggesting that there is rust and the product will remove it correct?
Just so i understand and thanks
Lmao that works.

Yes stuff like deep creep, PB blaster & so in removes rust. WD40 is a lube, W (water) D ( Dispersed) 40 ( 40th try)

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Damn , the squeaking sound is so loud... when i remote start the car you can just hear it twice. Like opening and closing or something.

Squeak
2 seconds later
squeak

guess wd40 was a fail ... and interesting info about the name.

if only i can upload videos.

So since i can hear from the remote start now that even louder like an old kids swing or something it is certainly the exhaust thing valves.

and driving deosn’t like this wont cause harm correct? Can’t go to the dealer everytime a problem pops since i’m guessing im in for a long ride with this one.

update : sound is gone both when remote staring and driving after multiple tests , guess wd40 worked and mixed in after driving.

donnu if it will come back or what exactly happened in 1 minute of driving.

but thanks again.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Damn , the squeaking sound is so loud... when i remote start the car you can just hear it twice. Like opening and closing or something.

Squeak
2 seconds later
squeak

guess wd40 was a fail ... and interesting info about the name.

if only i can upload videos.

So since i can hear from the remote start now that even louder like an old kids swing or something it is certainly the exhaust thing valves.

and driving deosn’t like this wont cause harm correct? Can’t go to the dealer everytime a problem pops since i’m guessing im in for a long ride with this one.
Yeah I would say its that. It sucks WD didn't work on it.

Lol read about wd40 a long time ago after some one told me it wasn't a rust Penetrant so I wanted to know more.

It probably isn't going to bother it really. The good thing is that its not throughing codes so the $300 part is still working.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I would say its that. It sucks WD didn't work on it.

Lol read about wd40 a long time ago after some one told me it wasn't a rust Penetrant so I wanted to know more.

It probably isn't going to bother it really. The good thing is that its not throughing codes so the $300 part is still working.

1 min after the sound is gone and it’s wot time again. The car just says GUESS WHOS BACK , i heard it. I need to stop driving like this seriously.

this problem gave me a reality check on how i drive lol.

thanks man! Will be telling the wd40 story to everyone from now on lol.

300$ huh.

donnu if i want the sound back so the dealer can replace it or not now lol.

have a wonderful day man

·
Registered
772 Posts
1 min after the sound is gone and it’s wot time again. The car just says GUESS WHOS BACK.

i heard it.

thanks man! Will be telling the wd40 to everyone from now on lol.
Lol that works. Knowledge is power even if its just the little things. Lol.

So did it stop or still going it?

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol that works. Knowledge is power even if its just the little things. Lol.

So did it stop or still going it?

yup will share the wd40 stroy everytime i can lol.

after spraying the wd40 and going inside to grab my keys.

i remote started it and the sound was louder than you can imagine i swear. How a small thing be so loud when squeaking.

said ill go for a ride and maybe it will blend in.

good news: after 15 minutes of driving to get Gatorade which costs 2$ for the small one at the local 7/11 copy cat gas station store that spread everywhere 5 years ago lol.

Nothing hydrates like it , not even water.

the problem is fully gone after multiple tests.

Only explaination is the short drive made the wd40 blend in.

not one squeak.

bad news: i spelled the whole sticky gatorade on my self and seat. Soaked it lol.

but problem solved for now and hope forever.

thanks man:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts