Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 11 RT. Frankly the sound from the factory exhaust is "sissy" at best as I am sure many of you know. My local exhaust shop has offered to build a 3" exhaust for $7-800.

I have noticed that most systems in the posts are 2 1/2 inch. Is 3 inch overboard? I used a PYPES ceramic coated system on my 65 Chevelle and love it. Does anyone else offer a ceramic coated system?

Lastly... I DO NOT want horrible exhaust drone. I drive a 70 mile trip weekly on the freeway and don't feel like being droned out.

Any suggestions??

Steve
Chico California

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't get Magnaflow. I hate mine. It sounds great on the outside but the Drone is awful.
Do a search, there are lots of threads about this. Like the one titled "Life with Zoomers"

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Sounds like you need a Corsa. No drone exhaust. It is on the mellower/quiet side though.

·
Banned
368 Posts
Pypes with violator muffler is not great w/mds between 45-55 mph. in auto stick mode, no drone at all. Above 60 mph no drone w/mds on. Do you have an auto or manual? I have the 2.5 inch cat back with polished mufflers, for the money, I like it. Like Rick said, I have heard the Solo system w/J pipes for the autos works real well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't get Magnaflow. I hate mine. It sounds great on the outside but the Drone is awful.
Do a search, there are lots of threads about this. Like the one titled "Life with Zoomers"
I had put a Magnaflow catback on my 99 Z28 (LS1 5.7) when I had it..
and after a bit it drove me crazy. I ended up just replacing the muffler with a dynomax Ultraflow SS muffler.. much better.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Zoomers!!!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Sounds like you need a Corsa. No drone exhaust. It is on the mellower/quiet side though.
We have a Corsa in our 6 speed and love it. No drone. It is quiet at low RMPs but ramp m up and it is not quiet at all. Have had people ask if we have cut outs it is so loud.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Corsa extreme. Sounds great when ramped up with no drone. Idles fairly quiet though....

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Force II, and LOVE it. No drone at all. Great sound.

Reactions: SDmonkey

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for the Replies! I am going to look into the Corsa's... I am glad that someone mentioned the magnaflows because I think that is what my local shop was going to use..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Corsa is the way to go. My SRT is my daily driver and I use the hands free phone all the time. Corsa sounds great when getting on it but I can still have a conversation with the hands free (windows up) while driving down the road. You won't be disappointed!

You can do a search on YouTube and hear the difference between a bunch of different exhausts. Just be sure to evaluate the same cars/engines.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Corsa!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Corsa

So I did a little looking around... Is $1400 what I should expect for a Corsa system?? I have to admit I have a little sticker shock on that one. I have never spent that much for an exhaust... Can you buy the mufflers only and have the system built by a shop?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Corsa Xtreme on my 09 R/T. Great muscle car sound and no drone. T304 stainless steel made in the USA (Ohio).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts