Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will that cause unruly amount of drone? Here ok so I'm going to new York from Kansas and I want something deep loud but comfortable on the highway / interstate.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Will that cause unruly amount of drone? Here ok so I'm going to new York from Kansas and I want something deep loud but comfortable on the highway / interstate.
what I suggested would make your ears bleed and most likely be illegal.

There are numerous Cat Back systems available, as far as acceptable cabin noise, that is very subjective, and better to search and find sound clips of something you think you would like, and maybe see if someone near you has the set up you want to hear or if you want to take a chance on a you tube video's audio on a pair of computer speakers.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Well I bought a set of Thrush Welded mufflers, they are like the Flow Master 40 or 44s for 30 bucks a piece instead of 80, then I went to a local sop and had them delete the resonators and swap out the stock mufflers for these. I have like 150 bucks total in my set up, and when I nail the throttle it is pure music to my ears. If you want to spend the dough get a Flow Master or Borla cat back, just you tube them to see what you like the sound of best. Another member here did the same swap I did, in fact it was his video that got me to do it.

**Edit**

Link to thread:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f449/thrush-welded-mufflers-reso-delete-video-470026/?470026=#post6350098

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
a little when around town, never heard any on the highway. If it starts to drone a push of the "Sport Mode" button cures it. (eliminating MDS). He asked the same question in his thread too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just a heads up , they did an episode of engine masters with the thrush muffler up against a magnaflow. The thrush bottles down inside and turned 15hp less than the magnaflow. Just food for thought. A lot of guys are using the dynamax mini bullets with good results. But like said, you really need to hear it in person or at the very least some you tube vids with some good headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts