Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, me again!
So I've only had my challenger for a few days and I'm already obsessed. Never want to stop driving it haha. However, I do wish it was louder. Looking online I found the Borla Atak exhaust and immediately fell in love, but not with the price. Are there any other good exhaust systems that have the same general sound as that but cheaper, or should I just save up.
Or any other suggestions such as replacing the stock mufflers with a different brand and straight piping the resonators? My last car was loud with different mufflers but the drone was bad. Didn't realize how bad until I got my challenger and was surprised at how quiet it was.
Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance!
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the Challenger. And welcome to the forum. What year and trim do you have? Perhaps a pic.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Borla is definitely pricey, but if you want that aggressive sound....

Other options that are popular here are the Solo exhaust system, and the Flowmaster American thunder series. Either of those will save you a few $$.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
The Atak will be loud. It is said to cackle a lot. Borla says no drone. Make sure you fell in love with the Atak on a V6 ;) As always I can only speak personally for the Solo. No drone, dual round tips look great. Happy with the sound since it's a V6.

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
something like this

Dynomax 17553

you want straight thru design to keep gas velocity high, better yet would be magnaflow which keeps the 2.5" pipe all the way thru the case.

then on the rear tail pipes some straight thru glass pack style mufflers to reduce drone.

this will provide a deep v8 like exhaust note about as good as this v6 can sound.

otherwise the best sound would be the corsa extreme catback which is a straight design exhaust to keep exhaust gas velocity high and all mandrel bent as well.

all your chambered style mufflers reduce exhaust gas flow and hurt power.

I did many exhaust changes on mine for best power and exhaust, I ended up with a corsa extreme catback, sound amazing and gave best power increase overall on my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with two Flowmaster 40 series and deleted reso's. Doesn't wake the neighbors up and drone is minimal after the first few days. Really sounds good at about 2500 rpm. Not thrilled at what I payed for it though. Had to eat from the dollar menu at work for a week

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got the Solo Performance Mach-X on my 2014 Challenger SXT.

At first it was definitely an improvement over stock but I can slowly hear it getting better as its broken in.

Its not too loud which is good and sounds nice at idle, low and high RPMs. Not so sure about mid RPM ranges... yet.

I still need to adjust the J-pipes which could make the sound a bit better. I may even consider taking the J-pipes off to see how that sounds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just installed the borla S-type. It's quiet when I want it to be (passing cops) and loud when I want it to be. It is fairly quiet in the cabin, with the volume at 12 I can't hear it. No drone whatsoever. I am compiling videos as I go and will combine them and post it soon. I am just trying to find the time to do a few fly-bys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts