Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up guys, so I just recently got a hellcat and I want to make it as loud as possible. Any ideas? So far I put a straight pipe in with the cats and resonators deleted and its still not loud enough. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,035 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You say straight pipes, so I assume no mufflers too? If so, all you have is pipes after the manifolds. Beyond headers, cutouts are the only other thing I can think of. If you want the ability to make it behave when you want, get a full cat back exhaust and cutouts. At the flip of a button you can sit at idle next to a cop and be able to look over at them, lol

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
729 Posts
You bought a Hellcat and you want to chop up the factory exhaust and put straight pipes on it.(n)

BTW welcome

Long tube headers and run the exhaust right out behind the front wheel.
Great answer Frank Julian
(y)(y)(y)😄

·
Registered
2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible Red Rock Metallic
257 Posts
Borla ATAK is a great option always! I love it

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Hey what’s up guys, so I just recently got a hellcat and I want to make it as loud as possible. Any ideas? So far I put a straight pipe in with the cats and resonators deleted and its still not loud enough. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
If you're running a straight pipe with no resonators (things by the back bumper) or mufflers (under the car) on the street it should be plenty loud. In fact, you may have trouble with LEOs as that will be well above the legal decibel levels for exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts