Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used challenger (2018 SXT with 18K miles) few months back for my 27th bday and to replace my optima, it is my daily driver and is currently at 22880 on odometer and wanted to run a few things by you all. I never was interested in cars/mods/anything before my challenger so I’m pretty new to this whole game so please share even the “obvious” facts.

I’m curious if there are “common” issues that I should look out for with this version of the car. Is there anything like “the 2018 has a bad designed ____, which then leads to ____”.

Previous owner did a rear muffler delete and I replaced OEM air filter with K/N reusable version. Besides that, the car should be pretty factory. After driving for a few months, I noticed that the oil pressure can sometimes be in the 40’s and now I’m having what seems like “ooomph” issues after having an aftermarket amp and sub installed yesterday.

Any things I should check/look out for. Thanks again for the help and here’s a picture, please tell me I didn’t buy a 27K lemon.

2E6B1A18-8DC4-48C3-9DF0-DCD828A36815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Expected issues would be....

#1. Expect lots of compliments on how great your car looks.

#2. Strangers stopping you for no reason other than to tell you how great your car looks.

#3. A big grin on your face every time you drive it. Even on your daily commute to work.

I am sure there are others but I’ll think of them later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Bought a used challenger (2018 SXT with 18K miles) few months back for my 27th bday and to replace my optima, it is my daily driver and is currently at 22880 on odometer and wanted to run a few things by you all. I never was interested in cars/mods/anything before my challenger so I’m pretty new to this whole game so please share even the “obvious” facts.

I’m curious if there are “common” issues that I should look out for with this version of the car. Is there anything like “the 2018 has a bad designed ____, which then leads to ____”.

Previous owner did a rear muffler delete and I replaced OEM air filter with K/N reusable version. Besides that, the car should be pretty factory. After driving for a few months, I noticed that the oil pressure can sometimes be in the 40’s and now I’m having what seems like “ooomph” issues after having an aftermarket amp and sub installed yesterday.

Any things I should check/look out for. Thanks again for the help and here’s a picture, please tell me I didn’t buy a 27K lemon.

View attachment 948615

Nothing. The 3.6L is very reliable. Don't worry or waste your time looking for issues. As for your oil pressure, it has a 2 speed oil pump so that pressure reading will jump around quite a bit, and not always "make sense" if you're used to it being steady. If the oil pressure sensor or oil pump has an issue, believe me it will set a check engine light. No light on, no problem. Drive and enjoy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Not any common issues with the 2015+ 3.6L cars. Only recall may be for the Cruise Control, but that's across all trims.

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
You could always look at the TSBs issued for your year on the online Chiltons site. Here are all the TSBs they had listed for the 2018 Challenger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I don't think you have much to worry about OP except for gas, tires, oil changes, keeping it washed and waxed and vacuumed out.
Mine is my DDer and that's all I've see with mine.
15,000 miles on mine in 8 months now. Drive it and enjoy.
20181121_141033_1562684941389.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think you have much to worry about OP except for gas, tires, oil changes, keeping it washed and waxed and vacuumed out.
Mine is my DDer and that's all I've see with mine.
15,000 miles on mine in 8 months now. Drive it and enjoy.
View attachment 948797

I like that mentality. I’ve found myself wanting to drive it as little as possible to keep the miles off but keep telling myself what’s the point in that?! As long as she lasts till she’s paid off is all that matters lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

#2. Strangers stopping you for no reason other than to tell you how great your car looks.

#3. A big grin on your face every time you drive it. Even on your daily commute to work.

It’s funny you say that, for the first few weeks, I shit you not, I kept thinking I left something on the roof people were staring so much. Definitely not the same in my previous Kia Optima lol

·
Registered
1 Posts

So true! I love my car.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Haha too funny, I also traded in an Optima for my Challenger. Mine is a 2012 3.6 SXT with 65k miles. Generally speaking no major issues of any kind. I’ve owned mine since new and that includes two years of driving on the Autobahn....which I miss everyday!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts