Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to some lots today (in Memphis, TN) trying to negotiate pricing for a 2010 Furious Fuchsia with sunroof, pearl leather trim, 20" wheels, and mopar interior package. Couldn't get the local guys to come down past $34.5K out the door. I don't need financing, so there were NO incentives or rebates for me! :(

Think I can get a better deal?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
id be looking at $6-8k+ off sticker

i wouldnt give them anything extra just because its Pink...there are alot of FF RT's left (i checked cars.com for all challengers yesterday and saw a bunch within 100 miles of me)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Went to some lots today (in Memphis, TN) trying to negotiate pricing for a 2010 Furious Fuchsia with sunroof, pearl leather trim, 20" wheels, and mopar interior package. Couldn't get the local guys to come down past $34.5K out the door. I don't need financing, so there were NO incentives or rebates for me! :(

Think I can get a better deal?
How about a fully loaded Furious Fuscia SRT8 for $37995, ($10k off MSRP)?

Brigham Gill Motorcars in Natick Mass has one on Ebay. Here's a link:

Dodge : Challenger - eBay (item 260753002442 end time Apr-05-11 16:35:08 PDT)

Link to sticker:

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ7DW0AH295598

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sticker price was $37,425. So the deal is 5.7K off sticker. And with tax/fees OTD is $34.5K. I LOVE the car. White stripes and white leather trim with the fuchsia stitching. But I needed to be sure that I'm not paying too much considering it's a 2010.

...not crazy about the premium fuel with the SRT. I live 30 miles from my office...so gas mileage has something to do with that decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may counter for $32,500.

Probably would have at the lot, had the sales manager not been such a *****!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sticker price was $37,425. So the deal is 5.7K off sticker. And with tax/fees OTD is $34.5K. I LOVE the car. White stripes and white leather trim with the fuchsia stitching. But I needed to be sure that I'm not paying too much considering it's a 2010.

...not crazy about the premium fuel with the SRT. I live 30 miles from my office...so gas mileage has something to do with that decision.
Is the unit you're looking at a 6 speed? If so, the manual recommends premium for it as well. I don't think the fuel economy is that much worse on the SRT8, maybe 2 mpg?
Anyways, it's a killer deal.
Good luck whatever you do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the unit you're looking at a 6 speed? If so, the manual recommends premium for it as well. I don't think the fuel economy is that much worse on the SRT8, maybe 2 mpg?
Anyways, it's a killer deal.
Good luck whatever you do.

Yes. Fuel economy is a 2-3 mile difference....but with the price of premium fuel AND the 60 miles I drive a day... I'm just cutting corners!

This RT is an automatic.

Thanks for the info and well wishes!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

your going to spend $35k on a car and your worried about $5 extra a week in gasoline?? ....

$5,700 off isnt enough right now....id look for $8k on a RT

if your all about penny pinching get the SE....get bag lunches and you can now afford SRT gas, buy generic toilet paper....maybe you could have a charity jar at work and your co-workers could help you afford gasoline to get home?.....i have never bought a car based upon MPG and 1-2 MPG seems silly to even consider when its a performance car....how many ZR-1 owners say 'no thanks it gets 1-2 mpg less than the Z-06'...i cant afford the gas

if he says $5,700 is the best he can do because its Pink id reply with 'oh yea its pink..i want $8500 off instead now'....pink should not be getting a premium price anymore

if it were me id take the $10k off on the SRT8....who cares about 1-2 miles per gallon, who cares about an extra .30cents per gallon for premium...add it all up!!! your worried about an extra $400 a year in gasoline...the trade off is a true #'d car and having the top dog Challenger for 2010...id go srt all day long..

if your worried about the $5 per week extra in gas then ask for $8k off the RT

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Point taken....

Thanks!
I'm not trying to pile on here, but I agree with the other poster. The extra money for fuel will not be very significant to most folks, taking into consideration that either way you are planning to fork over more than 30 large on a new car.

That SRT8 is a killer car for not much more money.

Again, respectfully submitted......

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
For those prices, I think I'd go for the SRT as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...I know... The catch is, my excitement was originally being able to get the RT for $30K. Now that this doesn't seem to be an option, I have to reconsider....

Still hoping I can get him to come down though....

·
Registered
297 Posts
We got ours for 30k back in Jan. It is an auto. with the white stripes and the white interior. The was dealing on all the Challengers they had and they had about 20 on the lot. Good Luck in what ever you decide, they are great cars. Ronnie

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Yeah...I know... The catch is, my excitement was originally being able to get the RT for $30K. Now that this doesn't seem to be an option, I have to reconsider....

Still hoping I can get him to come down though....

so the real problem isnt the MPG after all!!!...now i understand better

just look for a lower optioned car...RT's can vary by $10k just on options(i think)

go to cars.com and do a 100 mile search...email all the FF RT's and see what happens....do a 200 mile search...whats an afternoon drive if it gets you your dream PINK car

good luck!

·
Registered
251 Posts
your going to spend $35k on a car and your worried about $5 extra a week in gasoline?? ....

$5,700 off isnt enough right now....id look for $8k on a RT

if your all about penny pinching get the SE....get bag lunches and you can now afford SRT gas, buy generic toilet paper....maybe you could have a charity jar at work and your co-workers could help you afford gasoline to get home?.....i have never bought a car based upon MPG and 1-2 MPG seems silly to even consider when its a performance car....how many ZR-1 owners say 'no thanks it gets 1-2 mpg less than the Z-06'...i cant afford the gas

if he says $5,700 is the best he can do because its Pink id reply with 'oh yea its pink..i want $8500 off instead now'....pink should not be getting a premium price anymore

if it were me id take the $10k off on the SRT8....who cares about 1-2 miles per gallon, who cares about an extra .30cents per gallon for premium...add it all up!!! your worried about an extra $400 a year in gasoline...the trade off is a true #'d car and having the top dog Challenger for 2010...id go srt all day long..

if your worried about the $5 per week extra in gas then ask for $8k off the RT
I find it funny that SRT owners want to trivialize other peoples concerns when the discussion concerns buying an RT rather than an SRT. It's almost like you offend them and they feel the need to defend their decision to buy the SRT. They are both great cars depending on what each individual wants out of them. Buy what you feel comfortable with, not what somebody else thinks you should buy and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I find it funny that SRT owners want to trivialize other peoples concerns when the discussion concerns buying an RT rather than an SRT. It's almost like you offend them and they feel the need to defend their decision to buy the SRT. They are both great cars depending on what each individual wants out of them. Buy what you feel comfortable with, not what somebody else thinks you should buy and you can't go wrong.
2010 SRT's are soooo on sale right now...i just want people to realize its a golden opportunity....i doubt Challenger SRT's will ever be on sale for $10k off again...

not buying a car because it gets 1-2 mpg worse is just silly...yea if its a honda Civic vs a Geo Metro...yea that type of person will consider 1-2 mpg a difference...but when buying a muscle car do you really think 1-2 mpg means crap?....

if it takes driving 6 hours each way id do it for the right PINK car.....that will give you a 500 mile search radius...you can always just buy it over the phone and pay to truck it to your house....buy it from 1000 miles away then....hire someone local to look the car over...there are services that will do it for $250 range for you and trucking it will probably be $750+ range id think

there are lots of DY's left too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts