Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm road tripping cross country this summer. I'd like some paint protection on the front of my core. I've read that expel is the best that's out right now, and was quoted a price of $995 for full front end, mirrors, and partial hood and fenders.

I'm sure the expel isn't cheap, but is this the going rate for a clear bra? I've never had one before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Holy cow... Get you some clear plastidip or the clear paint protection from armor all... Same effect lol. U could prob get out for easily less than 50-75 dollars, maybe less

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
That's a little on the high side, I dunno by maybe 1-2 hundred IMO, but you are getting a big job done. I just did my entire front bumper. I wish I would have put some spots on the fenders right behind where the tires throw rocks up at the car.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm road tripping cross country this summer. I'd like some paint protection on the front of my core. I've read that expel is the best that's out right now, and was quoted a price of $995 for full front end, mirrors, and partial hood and fenders.

I'm sure the expel isn't cheap, but is this the going rate for a clear bra? I've never had one before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That price is not high. I was at a high end place, and they quoted even more....and trust, your not going to get same protection from these cheap suggestions posted here. They gave a demo....un-freaking real. Just remember, you get what you pay for....in most cases.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sure. you kno what, get your entire car coated in truck bed coating too. that will protect it REAL good smh... A grand for something thats temp is ridiculous. Unless you are just LOOKING to spend your money on something, then by all means, pay a grand for something youre gonna peel off and throw away in a few months lol

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
That sounds reasonable for what your having done. I had my front end, door handle pockets and the areas behind the front and rear wheel wells done. I paid $700 in the spring of 2012 for Expel Extreem. I was originally quoted $800 because I had the mirrors quoted also but the installer couldn't get the film to adhere to them so he gave up and knocked-off $100. I'm not happy about having bare side mirrors and because of this I would caution you to do your homework when it comes to the shop you select to do the work. I've been very pleased with the performance of the Expel film. I had a White 2011 RTC without the film and bug guts embedded deeply into the paint and I never was able to get some of the nasty yellow bug stains to lift out of the paint. None of that now. Bug spatter washes off with very little effort and I have no rock chips up front or behind my wheel wells. You'll love the protection and consider every penny you spent worth it......I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts