Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as there's no such thing as "bad" publicity, and considering the fact I had the second best seat in the house for this race, thought I'd share an article just written on what it's like to race against the Epling Hellcat. The first 30 seconds or so of the video is all you need to see...

Experience a Race against the World's Quickest Hellcat Challenger

...the race took place this past spring at ChallengerFest 8 in Bowling Green Kentucky.

I was as surprised as anyone that this video was picked, but like I've learned; if you want to learn how to compete, compete against the best.

Enjoy

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Seeing as there's no such thing as "bad" publicity, and considering the fact I had the second best seat in the house for this race, thought I'd share an article just written on what it's like to race against the Epling Hellcat. The first 30 seconds or so of the video is all you need to see...

Experience a Race against the World's Quickest Hellcat Challenger

...the race took place this past spring at ChallengerFest 8 in Bowling Green Kentucky.

I was as surprised as anyone that this video was picked, but like I've learned; if you want to learn how to compete, compete against the best.

Enjoy
Haha, holy shit.

I hope that dust was tasty.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I've experienced a similar race myself, raced the fastest Hellcat local to me, and yeah he looked like he was shot out of a cannon in the other lane!

·
Super Moderator
14,215 Posts
What a fast Hellcat! It really smoked that Scat Pack. This just verifies the drag racing rule of thumb that that a 1/10 of a second difference equals 1 car length. So, a 3 second difference would be about 30 car lengths.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
If one has zero chance, why bother? Would you ask out a smoking hot woman knowing you’re going to be publicly shut down?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If one has zero chance, why bother? Would you ask out a smoking hot woman knowing you’re going to be publicly shut down?
It was one of the classes at Challengerfest 8 - the 6-speed Shootout.

What would you have me do? Back out of the staging lane when I realized who I was up against? I'm not going to do that. What if he redlights? What if he breaks something?

I've faced two Hellcats in bracket racing, and beat both of them due to tree-ing them.

Drag racing is like golf; you're really competing against yourself. I'll line up against anyone; Every run I make I'm looking for a new personal best, and I'm looking to become consistent at a Personal Best time.

If I beat someone, I win;
if I cross the line second but at a new PB time, I win;
if I make it down the track without breaking anything, I win;
if I have fun no matter the outcome, I win.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,060 Posts
Nice, very cool video, nothing like running a 9 second car to make you feel slow lol, but man what a great view of the race you had. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

What would you have me do? Back out of the staging lane when I realized who I was up against? I'm not going to do that. What if he redlights? What if he breaks something?

I've faced two Hellcats in bracket racing, and beat both of them due to tree-ing them.

Drag racing is like golf; you're really competing against yourself. I'll line up against anyone; Every run I make I'm looking for a new personal best, and I'm looking to become consistent at a Personal Best time.

if I have fun no matter the outcome, I win.
If I make it back home and did not, in fact, leave the stove on like I thought I had, I win.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,144 Posts

if I have fun no matter the outcome, I win
Excellent way to look at it! You held your own, especially knowing the drag racing experience that driver probably has and the Challenger that you were up against! You don't have a car that quick without making Many runs down the strip!

Nice job Pava and Thanks for sharing...................But, Dang that Cat was quick!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Maybe she's a nymphomaniac when drunk?

A Guy

Reactions: Toxic11

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Like Spanky said to Alfalfa............"well, that answered THAT question !" The question being....what's the difference between a Scat Pack and a Hell Cat ? :wink3:

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Oh man, there goes your chance PaVa ;)

A Guy

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like Spanky said to Alfalfa............"well, that answered THAT question !" The question being....what's the difference between a Scat Pack and a Hell Cat ? :wink3:
Let's be honest here...this isn't an "off the shelf" Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Let's be honest here...this isn't an "off the shelf" Hellcat.
True. The better question is what's the difference between a stock Hellcat and a souped Hellcat?

It's still fun to watch the Eplings continued breaking their personal best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True. The better question is what's the difference between a stock Hellcat and a souped Hellcat?

It's still fun to watch the Eplings continued breaking their personal best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
About 1.4 seconds...:wink3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts