Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering Jazz Blue - is this a problematic color? It's very dark, so I assume it shows up every spec of dust, water spots, and every swirl mark... or is it more forgiving? Please advise your experience with this color. (And POST SOME PICS!) :grin2:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm considering Jazz Blue - is this a problematic color? It's very dark, so I assume it shows up every spec of dust, water spots, and every swirl mark... or is it more forgiving? Please advise your experience with this color. (And POST SOME PICS!) :grin2:
If you want the honest answer...IMO...it's the hardest color to keep clean I've had so far. It shows everything just as bad as black would. It just looks so darn awesome when it's cleaned up! I've gotten so many compliments on it...You want an easy color to keep clean? My Billet Silver SRT always looked clean!

Attachments

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a new Jazz Blue scat pack in nov. It is a great color but it will require some regular cleaning to keep it looking good. I just keep a good coat of wax on mine which makes a wash and dry a snap.

·
Registered
2015 SCAT pack
15 Posts
I have a Jazz Blue Scat pack, it constantly gets compliments but, it is as hard as black to keep clean. It changes from a metallic flake blue to a very dark blue in the shade. I am at work so I can not post pics of it right now. If it is a daily driver I do not suggest this color but if it isn't like mine is not, I would not take any of the color options over this one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
the color absolutely pops under the right light, it's just beautiful.

mine is a dd, it does show swirl marks but other than white or silver they all do. I don't obsess about it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The JBP does look great, but my car would be a DD and I may not have the time give it the extra care that color would require. Now trying to choose between the Torred or Redline Tri-coat.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks guys. The JBP does look great, but my car would be a DD and I may not have the time give it the extra care that color would require. Now trying to choose between the Torred or Redline Tri-coat.
My first '09 R/T was Torred.....you're not much better off there.....as already said, if you don't want dirt to show...Billet is probably one of your best choices.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I go back and forth with B5 Blue: it was my favorite when they first re-issued it (2009?), but the last two years it seems to be a shade different - like closer to being a Petty Blue. Am I crazy? :notallthere:

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
the jazz blue is a great color,,,BUT,,its a job to keep it clean.it shows everything

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I go back and forth with B5 Blue: it was my favorite when they first re-issued it (2009?), but the last two years it seems to be a shade different - like closer to being a Petty Blue. Am I crazy? :notallthere:
Yes to answer your question Jason your out of your mind :guiness:

Jazz Blue is a awesome color and the color shifting properties in the paint makes it very difficult to maintain but with a good paint correction and locking it down with a sealant would make the maintenance easy... :wink3:

Yes they did make some changes in the B5 from 09-10 to the current shade but it's not even close to Petty Blue Brother :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Jazz is no different then black..it shows every little speck of dust but is a gorgeous color, one of my favorites

1 - 12 of 12 Posts