Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to look at a 16 hellcat friday or saturday. i should buy a warranty as these cars arent exactly cheap.any recommendations on where to get one for a good price? any info would be great!

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
Check with Luke at Steve White. He's a vendor on this forum and will treat you right.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
It also depends on where you live. I know Florida residents have to pay full MSRP on extended warranties.

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
in order to quote on extended service plans we need the vin number and current mileage and also desired plan, many to choose from
we normally recommend maximum care only with 100.00 deductible

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
when sold by a FL dealer, we are not in FL therefore do not have to abide by the same rules;)
To have an extended warranty in Florida, the dealer MUST be licensed by Florida. I'll try and dig up the regulation. The only way around full MSRP is to have an address to use outside of Florida state. Warranties are considered insurance here.

EDIT:

"Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. "

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
To have an extended warranty in Florida, the dealer MUST be licensed by Florida. I'll try and dig up the regulation. The only way around full MSRP is to have an address to use outside of Florida state. Warranties are considered insurance here.

EDIT:

"Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. "
all Mopar dealers, or FCA dealer are licensed dealers, many out of state dealers sell many vehicles and service contracts into FL

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
all Mopar dealers, or FCA dealer are licensed dealers, many out of state dealers sell many vehicles and service contracts into FL

the only restrictions is non USA retails on new vehicles

dealers are governed by their state laws, not other states
I understand that, but to do things "legal" in Florida's eyes, the out of state dealer MUST be licensed by Florida, not just be a licensed FCA dealer. Again, extended warranties are considered insurance here.

https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Consumers/understandingCoverage/ServiceWarrantyOverview.htm

"
634.403 License required; exemptions.—
(1) No person in this state shall provide or offer to provide service warranties to residents of this state unless authorized therefor under a subsisting license issued by the office.
"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts