Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bet that this one has rarely been covered in the past, but here it is.....

I ordered my '15 Scat Pack new from the factory according to my specs and took delivery as first owner in June of '15. I LOVE THE CAR and my intention was to keep the car forever, so I bought a FCA extended warranty. The 7/75 plan.

Life took a turn and I had to sell the car with 16k on it about 3 years ago. I sold it to a to a fellow Challenger enthusiast with the caveat that if he were to ever sell the car, I'd get first right of buy back. The guy called a month ago and over the phone made the deal. My original car is back in my garage with 25K and still in the condition that I sold it. I'm thrilled to have it back!

So, is the original extended warranty, that I bought, still in effect? When I sold the car, the new/old owner switched the warranty into his name. I have since gone through FCA and put my name on the ownership documents at the corporate level. I asked my local dealer about the warranty and was told that the warranty was only transferable once-- and since "technically" I'm the third owner, the extended warranty is void. BTW... I have all the original docs on the warranty and I can't find anything that states this specifically.

Any insight on the inner workings of FCA warranties, if I am "still the owner" with full right and claims or am I SOL? Any honest dealers that I can talk to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Not really sure. I'm only seeing info for second owner only.

FAQs | Mopar Vehicle Protection

" How do I transfer my Mopar® Vehicle Protection?

In most, but not all, cases, remaining coverage may be transferred to a second owner of the vehicle at the time of vehicle sale. A $50 option transfer fee will be applied (in most states). Your personalized plan provision describes the transfer rules applicable to your plan and the transfer fee in your state. If you have financed your Mopar® Vehicle Protection, the plan needs to be paid in full before you can transfer it.

We recommend that you take your personalized plan provision and the completed transfer form to your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® , Ram, FIAT® or Alfa Romeo dealer and they will assist you with the transfer.

If this is not possible, please complete and sign the transfer portion of your plan provision. Transfer requests need to be signed by the person to whom the plan provision was originally issued and they need to be received by Mopar Vehicle Protection within 60 days of the ownership change.

Please mail the completed transfer form with the transfer fee to:
Mopar Vehicle Protection
Transfer Department
P.O. Box 2700
Troy, MI 48007-2700

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,418 Posts
FAIK, once the original ownership is transfered, any & all following transfers are regarded as seperate from the first, no matter who they are to.
Sorry.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, my "regular" cars are BMWs, and the warranties transfer with the car as the warranties are on the vehicle and not the owner, thus keeping the resale value high?

Oh well, look like a difference in factory product confidence. Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts