Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the feeling on the value of an extended warranty? In past purchases I have not considered one for I do most of my own work. The Challenger seems to be so complex that I figure I'd soon venture into the take it to the dealer category. Alas, it seems this cars reliability is low. I don't want to start a reliability discussion for if I had wanted to buy a Toyota or BMW I would have. We love the Challenger, love the performance and intend to keep it for a long time. I'm even considering the lifetime warranty Dodge sells.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
I have the bumper to bumper lifetime warranties on both my 2010 and 2011

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question Lurch. Chrysler sent me a flyer in the mail, you would think they know what I own but ya never know when it comes to robo mailers.

Looking @ Dodge Service Contracts Home under maximum care it only asks if you have 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
get it, only if you dont plan on modding it. I have Mopar parts on mine that the dealer installed before i bought the car. I paid $1800 for a 2010 R/T.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I never buy an extended warranty on anything, but did for the Challenger. I figured it being an SRT and absolutely everything on it is expensive to fix/replace, it couldn't hurt to have that extra layer of protection for my wallet.

If you plan to keep it for a long time (forever), it's worth it IMO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I never buy an extended warranty on anything, but did for the Challenger. I figured it being an SRT and absolutely everything on it is expensive to fix/replace, it couldn't hurt to have that extra layer of protection for my wallet.

If you plan to keep it for a long time (forever), it's worth it IMO.
Amen! :thumbsup: I did the same thing with mine for the same reasons. This one is my "lifetime" car...I plan to walk out to the garage 30 years from now and still have it there! A lifetime extended warranty in that case makes some pretty darn good sense.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I didn't get the extended warranty for mine since 60k kilometres for Basic Factory seemed more than adequate, but now I need to consider it since it's only a year and a half old and have only 3k kilometres till the Basic Factory Warranty runs out, which will likely be before the end of July.:(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Keep in mind you have until 12K miles or 12 months from date of purchase (whichever comes first) to buy an extended warranty at the same price or better as the day you bought the car.

Shop around- - I got the letter from Chrysler touting big savings- -they were still more than Ziegler Chrysler. They have the best price I've found on genuine Chrysler warranties.

Don't buy a generic policy- - some of those companies are in financial straits and could be belly up when you need them.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I am with many of you in that I don't bother with extended warranties. Especially considering my brother is an ASE Certified Master Mechanic. But..... $1,700 for an 8 yr, 80,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty seemed like a good deal considering if anything electronic goes out after the factory warranty it will probably cost me close to that for each item that needs fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I shelled out 2600.00 for Chrysler lifetime.... bumper to bumper for my 2011 GWE 392

I think that was money well spent since this car is going to the grave with me.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Keep in mind you have until 12K miles or 12 months from date of purchase (whichever comes first) to buy an extended warranty at the same price or better as the day you bought the car.

Shop around- - I got the letter from Chrysler touting big savings- -they were still more than Ziegler Chrysler. They have the best price I've found on genuine Chrysler warranties.

Don't buy a generic policy- - some of those companies are in financial straits and could be belly up when you need them.
I didn't realize we had the option of shopping around.

·
Registered
2009 SRT8-Torred
155 Posts
If you are going to keep it for a long time, or don't put many miles on it each year, then I would suggest investing in the extended warranty. As others have posted, there are many different deals out there so be sure and examine before you buy. I even found the same product being offered from various dealers yet they had different pricing. I don't know if it was their own markups or if they got different pricing from the actual insurer based on the number of warranties they sold. I even bought one from a dealer that was two states away from me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.