Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was giving the RT a bath and decided to pop the hood to check some fluids. While in there, I noticed a black cable tucked into the grill. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to investigate. When I pulled on the cable, this is what popped out.... both ac power cables run below/behind the engine block. Anyone know what this could be? Just homemade accessory cables?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was my initial thought but the second power cable threw me off. Good thing my vehicle is scheduled for service this weekend, Not knowing would drive me insane lol. Also, I do notice some adhesive around the headlight housing. Could be related? Not a big deal, just a little curious.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,543 Posts
The three pronged plug is probably for an engine block heater (if equipped) since ,according to the owners manual ,is it located near the driver side area of the air box. As far as the extension cord I can only imagine that someone tapped into the 110-115 v. system. Maybe to plug the engine heater in and other 110 -115v accessories. They might have had led lights taped at the headlights and that might have been what the other cord was for? All speculation of course.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,793 Posts
If that is for the engine block heater, they Frankensteined it

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts