Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only seen photos of the new hood scoop that's part of that option group. Do you all like it? It certainly looks more aggressive. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$$$ or not.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like how it looks, but it's too bad the scoop isn't functional like they are on the Mopar '10s.
Dodge quotes the Mopar 10 as having a a functional "hood vent" and it also has a cold air intake. CAI's typically draw air from low on the chassis, not the hood, so I took that to mean it had both. That said, I thought the hood was the same.

As I said in my post tho----have not seen either in person.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the Mopar 10 hood is great.....id get it if it was an option on my SRT....i was hoping the IE392 would have came with it...

get it! buy the parts and make it functional...i would

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Only seen photos of the new hood scoop that's part of that option group. Do you all like it? It certainly looks more aggressive. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$$$ or not.
worth is subjective to the purchaser

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Dodge quotes the Mopar 10 as having a a functional "hood vent" and it also has a cold air intake. CAI's typically draw air from low on the chassis, not the hood, so I took that to mean it had both. That said, I thought the hood was the same.

As I said in my post tho----have not seen either in person.
The Mopar 10 hood is a different part number than the other one. I looked at that earlier tonight.

82211665AA T/A Hood
82211665AC Mopar 10 Hood

the Mopar 10 hood is great.....id get it if it was an option on my SRT....i was hoping the IE392 would have came with it...
I agree although I'm still not 100% sure how it would look with the stripes. You were planing on removing your stripes, correct?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Mopar 10 hood is a different part number than the other one. I looked at that earlier tonight.

82211665AA T/A Hood
82211665AC Mopar 10 Hood

I agree although I'm still not 100% sure how it would look with the stripes. You were planing on removing your stripes, correct?
Was planning on going to see one today, but the it's 20 degrees and wind is blowing 40 mph- -not a good car shopping day.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Shouldn't have used the word "worth". How about "Do you all LIKE it?" I think it looks pretty cool, and I'm anxious to see one in person tomorrow!
It does look cool but the cost is not worth it to me for example. Perhaps it is to you. good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Was planning on going to see one today, but the it's 20 degrees and wind is blowing 40 mph- -not a good car shopping day.
Actually it's the perfect day to go car shopping. The annoying sales people will be too afraid of the cold to venture out and annoy you. :D

I actually do nearly all my car shopping after 11pm at night or on a sunday. I won't visit a dealership when they're open until I'm read to talk to them :browsmiley:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts