Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, posting an updated pic of my car (bottom pics). The top ones (on left) you may have seen on here as I have posted them quite a few times. Long story short the Cuda II hood I had fractured all across the front underneath and blew open while I running about 70, on a packed highway. I was able to get off the highway thank god but my car was down hard for a while. Hood, windshield, some wiring, hoses etc. made for a sad rollback ride home. But, everything is good now and she is looking a bit different. I had to change hoods as the paint job was going to be next to impossible to recreate and the car just wasn't going to look right at all with a plain HO color or a stock hood. I did see this hood, it's CF Hellcat style hood and it fit the bill as no need to paint and looks great. I miss the other hood but with all the rest of the car still great, it works. I put pics of the car from different angle so you can see the flames, paint etc. as to why the paint would be tough on the hood, plus the way the car looks still because there are no changes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Well, that had to be a clencher! Glad you're back in business

A Guy

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To say say I had a little furry collar for a few days would be an understatement! Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Good thing you or no one else was hurt. Everything I have read about aftermarket hoods (fiberglass) is that they should have hood pins installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts