Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO! (and sorry for my grammar)

I've been modding up my Challenger here for awhile, over 5 years meow and 85% is done by myself including body work. I am trying to find references and mostly pics of what others have done for some great ideas. This is extremely hard. The only people I see doing a vast verity of mods are big company's. There are a lot of mods out there that can be done, but very few people are trying them out. I just cant understand why. Most people I see are content with some new decals and a new hood. I can't do that and I know there must be others out there who feel the same. So I am gonna try to band the folk together here who want to try some of the more esoteric mods.

Just ordered Demon Wide Body Kit, gonna try and hit that with a Xenon side skirts. This is because my rockermold broke as I was doing body work near the rear fender. Figured it would blend well with the body kit. There are NO pictures except the stock ones for these side skirts. Figured I would risk it to check them out since there cheaper then the OEM Rocker Molds anyways. I AM GONNA PAINT THE BODY KIT AND SIDE SKIRTS BLACK. I think its gonna look good to contrast the dark grey (Granite) blend of my challenger. My hood is black as painted, blends into the grill, So this is already kinda a theme.

Also think I might do a Xenon body scoop with the corner panel. Again, there are no pictures ANYWHERE of this body scoops except the stock ones. Was thinking it would go well with body kit. I can cut into the scoops and body to make it functional and I would paint match and blend it. If anyone can find ANY pictures of someone with these scoops PLEASE let me know.

I will post pics of everything here soon!

20180528_193223.jpg

My mods are so far,

Engine is going to be swapped with a Viper V10 (hopefully soon here)

Exterior:

Phantom Grill
Hand Made Fiberglass Splitter (with Splitter Rods)
Mopar Hood pins
BMXC T/A Ram Air Hood
Willpak Louvers
Egale F1 Tires (255/45R20 Front --- 275/45R20 Back)
4x Billbored Tred Lettering
Plasti Diped dem rims

Interior:

Carbon Fiber (Remin) Dash, Doors, Gauges, Steering Wheel, Center Console, Shiftier, Overhead Console
Mr Norms Pistol Grip Shifter
JVC 7' Touchscreen HU
2x JBL GTO Series 6' Speakers
2x JBL GTO Series 5 1/2' Speakers
2x JBL GTO Series 2' Speakers
12' JL Subwoofer
Pionners 4 Chan 4000w Amp
Apline Mono 2000w Amp
Floor LED Kit
Door/Cupholder LED
Mopar Steel Door and Cupholder inserts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have set the bar for mods but the Viper motor is a V-10
I'm trying, hoping to find other people with the same mentality. Also yes you are correct! I miss wrote, I'll will change that. I have to also swap my drivetrain to accommodate the V10, but that seems to be all thankfully. My transmission is manual and apparently they come stock from the vipers since they never made there own version for the challengers oddly enough.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,305 Posts
All I know is the viper engine controller is not the most straight forward to tune (also requires more than 2 HP tuner credits - 20 credits ~$1000) and most likely will not communicate with challenger modules like BCM, Cluster...

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,857 Posts
Could you Please share some pictures of your interior to drool over? I sort of have a carbon fiber addiction and you'd help feed my addiction! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I know is the viper engine controller is not the most straight forward to tune (also requires more than 2 HP tuner credits - 20 credits ~$1000) and most likely will not communicate with challenger modules like BCM, Cluster...
Very true. I am having a actually tuner shop in relations with dyno set that stuff up. I can't deal with electronics stuff aside from audio. Which I jerry rigged with wielding wire instead of basic audio wire (since wielding wire is pure cooper and 1/10 the price haha). Already taken care of the BCM when I was changing out the HU which is aftermarkets anyways. Not following what you mean on the credits though. Will have to look into that or if its something my Tuner boys are taken care of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you Please share some pictures of your interior to drool over? I sort of have a carbon fiber addiction and you'd help feed my addiction! :D
MY MAN! I too LOVE carbon fiber. It seems better then gold to me. I also ordered a few custom sheets last night and essentially gonna see what I can cover with them.
I will definitely set you up with some pics when I get home here.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,305 Posts
Very true. I am having a actually tuner shop in relations with dyno set that stuff up. I can't deal with electronics stuff aside from audio. Which I jerry rigged with wielding wire instead of basic audio wire (since wielding wire is pure cooper and 1/10 the price haha). Already taken care of the BCM when I was changing out the HU which is aftermarkets anyways. Not following what you mean on the credits though. Will have to look into that or if its something my Tuner boys are taken care of.
I am assuming the tuner you use will use HP tuners to tune the motor controller (PCM). HP tuners uses a credit based licensing system (1 credit ~$50). Typically 2 credits are used to license a vehicle (tracked by VIN and other info that HP has not disclosed). Once a vehicle is licensed you can write tunes to it as many times as you like. So for a viper PCM you need 20 credits to license it which the professional tuner usually passes onto the customer requesting the tune.

Also, when it comes to mods (at least for power adders) there seems to be a general concensus that you should leave the challenger stock and buy a higher horsepower trim level like the HC or Demon. Personally I would love to drop a Hellaphant in my RT as opposed to a viper V10 but that is just me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am assuming the tuner you use will use HP tuners to tune the motor controller (PCM). HP tuners uses a credit based licensing system (1 credit ~$50). Typically 2 credits are used to license a vehicle (tracked by VIN and other info that HP has not disclosed). Once a vehicle is licensed you can write tunes to it as many times as you like. So for a viper PCM you need 20 credits to license it which the professional tuner usually passes onto the customer requesting the tune.

Also, when it comes to mods (at least for power adders) there seems to be a general concensus that you should leave the challenger stock and buy a higher horsepower trim level like the HC or Demon. Personally I would love to drop a Hellaphant in my RT as opposed to a viper V10 but that is just me.
Ahhh, that makes sense. Also true, but I would rather spend my money making mine unique and one of a kind. Plus I love the sound of a V10.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here you go good sir, (sorry, didn't have a chance to clean up)
20190927_200655[1].jpg
20190927_200738.jpg
20190927_200750.jpg
20190927_200826.jpg
20190927_200933.jpg
20190927_201018.jpg

Also wanted to show off how I did my sound system. I have both amps mounted on a plywood bored leather wrapped and mounted to the back of the seats. Then drop the one seat to vent the 12' Sub into the cab ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
UPDATE:
So the WillPack Side Skirts, Are Amazing. Look good and an easy install. Not sure if there crazy secure, but I have faith it will be fine. This is the first image that has ever been posted with someone using the WilPack Side Skirts (besides the stock display one, seriously, try and prove me wrong).
20191011_175704.jpg

Didn't clean it off before this pic so it is a bit dirty, but still, I like it.

I also am putting on the Vicrez Fender Flares.
20191011_175632.jpg
https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-demon-wide-body-fender-flares-vz101488-dodge-challenger-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019

This is more of a challenge. This product is VERY new. The girl at the company I am talking to is literally sending me the instructions for install page by page as she writes it up. The first issue is its done with 3M. It does not stay well, so got the bolt on patterns sent over as well. It keeps pulling off around the top and does not line up so well when transitioning into another set piece so far so.... who knows for now. At lastly a big problem so far is the front side maker part of the fender flare has a gap.
20191011_170902.jpg
What scares me is that I found this link.
This was the exact kit I received and the description on this is VASTLY different then the one on Vicraz. Will see what the remedy is as I am talking with them and the shop right where I am getting it installed (gave up myself). If you are looking at ANY NEW Wide body kit Fender flares, I would recommend holding off since I am sure it is this new kit that is out. I am ok with being the ginny pig on this and seeing how it turns out. Save your Money for now.;

·
Registered
5 Posts
UPDATE:
So the WillPack Side Skirts, Are Amazing. Look good and an easy install. Not sure if there crazy secure, but I have faith it will be fine. This is the first image that has ever been posted with someone using the WilPack Side Skirts (besides the stock display one, seriously, try and prove me wrong).
View attachment 979735
Didn't clean it off before this pic so it is a bit dirty, but still, I like it.

I also am putting on the Vicrez Fender Flares.
View attachment 979741 https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-demon-wide-body-fender-flares-vz101488-dodge-challenger-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019

This is more of a challenge. This product is VERY new. The girl at the company I am talking to is literally sending me the instructions for install page by page as she writes it up. The first issue is its done with 3M. It does not stay well, so got the bolt on patterns sent over as well. It keeps pulling off around the top and does not line up so well when transitioning into another set piece so far so.... who knows for now. At lastly a big problem so far is the front side maker part of the fender flare has a gap.
View attachment 979734
What scares me is that I found this link.
This was the exact kit I received and the description on this is VASTLY different then the one on Vicraz. Will see what the remedy is as I am talking with them and the shop right where I am getting it installed (gave up myself). If you are looking at ANY NEW Wide body kit Fender flares, I would recommend holding off since I am sure it is this new kit that is out. I am ok with being the ginny pig on this and seeing how it turns out. Save your Money for now.;
Posting here to follow up with you! Thanks for posting in that other thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

Ooh yess.... vicrez:rolleyes:

I have a 2013 Challenger and found the widebody kit from vicrez a few weeks ago in the internet.
They say it will fit on the Challenger from 2008 to 2019... What you say is absolutley correct. The sidemarkers in the front bumper from the models of 08-14 have a other position than in the bumpers from 2015 to present.

I ask vicrey how they can guarantee that the fender flare will fit on my 2013.

Vicrez answered it will not fit as well as on the 2015 + and I have 3 opinions..

1. Install and accept that it will look dreadful
2. Doing a conversion to the 2015+ bumper
3. Close the hole from the fender flare and make a new hole on the right side so that it will fit with my 2013 bumper.

I decided that I will make a conversion with OEM parts. That should fit perfect:):unsure:

I am living in Austria and there is no Dodge dealer like dealers from Audi, VW and others. So I had to import my car. Doing a conversion to the 2018 look of a Hellcat is much easier than buying a other challenger with widebody :p
Why? If you buy a Challenger in the US for about 45.000 USD it will cost about 90.000 USD to have it in Austria because the import and many taxes make it that much expensive. You also have to rebuild some parts like indicator (orange instead of red on the rear), exhaust,... because you need a assessment that allows you to drive a US car in Europe.

2019 Hellcat widebody in Austria costs 130.000 USD and if you want an Demon you need about 250.000 USD

Sorry for my very bad english hope you can understand what I tell you :D
I understand English but can not speak it

Marco

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hello,

Ooh yess.... vicrez:rolleyes:

I have a 2013 Challenger and found the widebody kit from vicrez a few weeks ago in the internet.
They say it will fit on the Challenger from 2008 to 2019... What you say is absolutley correct. The sidemarkers in the front bumper from the models of 08-14 have a other position than in the bumpers from 2015 to present.

I ask vicrey how they can guarantee that the fender flare will fit on my 2013.

Vicrez answered it will not fit as well as on the 2015 + and I have 3 opinions..

1. Install and accept that it will look dreadful
2. Doing a conversion to the 2015+ bumper
3. Close the hole from the fender flare and make a new hole on the right side so that it will fit with my 2013 bumper.

I decided that I will make a conversion with OEM parts. That should fit perfect:):unsure:

I am living in Austria and there is no Dodge dealer like dealers from Audi, VW and others. So I had to import my car. Doing a conversion to the 2018 look of a Hellcat is much easier than buying a other challenger with widebody :p
Why? If you buy a Challenger in the US for about 45.000 USD it will cost about 90.000 USD to have it in Austria because the import and many taxes make it that much expensive. You also have to rebuild some parts like indicator (orange instead of red on the rear), exhaust,... because you need a assessment that allows you to drive a US car in Europe.

2019 Hellcat widebody in Austria costs 130.000 USD and if you want an Demon you need about 250.000 USD

Sorry for my very bad english hope you can understand what I tell you :D
I understand English but can not speak it

Marco
That's ridiculous, and false advertisement. They can't market a kit that claims to fit every model, but it only actually fit 5 out of 12 models. I did two years of Law and working in a public law career right now. If this is true and they aren't going to remedy it I will follow up on it legally. Then I will order the kit that actually fits from BMXC (who do amazing work)

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
132 Posts
I am also interested in the vicrez flares, looks like they are installed by bolts/screws on the bottom and 2 side tap up top? Have to say they do look on point... (besides only working on the 2015 bumper, but I may just patch the slot, if I do go with them)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would have to say that mods are a totally personal preference. Some are subtle and some are extreme such as yours. Some will garner thumbs up from some people and some will get a gag reflex from others.
For example... I'm a classic car junkie, particularly Pontiacs, I have a few. I heard of a limited edition Trans Am for sale near me, called the guy up and he said yep it's a 10th Anniversary, asked how much and about fell off my couch when he gave me a price... it was a steal so I was on my way over to take it off his hands. When I got there and saw it I almost turned around immediately and walked away. He must have loved his JC Whitney catalog because it was loaded with extras everywhere.... Extra spoiler, foilers, home made grills, you name it and yes even truck running boards.

Had a long discussion with myself but figured it could still be saved but I sure wasn't going to drive it around like that. Before and after pics attached.
Sorry if long winded but just a funny example that I thought was appropriate.

I do love the creativity,time and effort you have put into your car and the most important thing is that it obviously shows that you love it. Keep with it!
tata1.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts