Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first $1500.00 takes it. 69100 miles 1978 Magnum XE 360 4V NON LEAN BURN thats right this is a factory non lean burn car. It is in Amarillo,Tx. 79107. This car was last tagged in 1986. There is no rust through on this car it looks rough where the vinyl top was but it is just surface rust and the filler is coming out of the seam. Take a look at the pics and if you need me to take any others let me know. If it dose not sale soon I am going to part it out(I really need to get rid of it )and that would be a shame.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a 78 XE-GT with T-tops, but the 400 Lean Burn :(. I love these cars. And you have the right engine. That is a great price. Too bad you aren't closer, and my garage larger....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car dose not have T tops. I will take some pics this weekend if I get the chance. It needs paint in a very bad way. But there is NO rust through anywhere. The top looks the worst where it had a vinyl top.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
"electronic Wizardry" made me laugh from that 1978 commercial ! I sure remember those cars. Some of the first years of electronic ignition.

·
Super Moderator
15,570 Posts
"electronic Wizardry" made me laugh from that 1978 commercial ! I sure remember those cars. Some of the first years of electronic ignition.
What they're referring to is the engine management systems (Lean Burn system was new for '76), climate controls, etc. There were a number of Chrysler applications that Lean Burn didn't require catalytic converters. The early "pellet" style converters were pretty restrictive - compared to the more expensive "honeycomb" ceramic converters that are commonly used today.

Chrysler initially offered electronic ignition on mid '71 340-4bbl/400-4bbl engines. By '72 it was optional on all other engines then went with electronic ignition on all '73 models as standard equipment.

*GM featured HEI electronic ignition starting in '75 models
*Ford also featured electronic ignition in '75 models

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still out there? Does it run?

AerosolMan

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
It's gone. The guy drove it home. Sure didn't want let her go!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What they're referring to is the engine management systems (Lean Burn system was new for '76), climate controls, etc. There were a number of Chrysler applications that Lean Burn didn't require catalytic converters. The early "pellet" style converters were pretty restrictive - compared to the more expensive "honeycomb" ceramic converters that are commonly used today.

Chrysler initially offered electronic ignition on mid '71 340-4bbl/400-4bbl engines. By '72 it was optional on all other engines then went with electronic ignition on all '73 models as standard equipment.

*GM featured HEI electronic ignition starting in '75 models
*Ford also featured electronic ignition in '75 models
As always Mopar was ahead of the brand Xer's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts