Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long-time lurker who finally joined the ranks and I have myself a new Bright White R/T Classic.

I am changing out the wheels & tires so need to sell off the originals. Currently they have 280-ish miles on them, so VERY lightly used. No marks what-so-ever and no burn-outs so the tires are pristine as well. I got the Super Track Pack option so the tires are the uprated 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires.

I'm asking for $1750 / OBO for all four wheels/tires. Does not include the tire pressure monitoring sensors.

My new wheels should be delivered/mounted by next week, so the originals will be available then. I'm in the middle Tennessee area and would prefer to sell in-person rather than ship. PM me if interested.

And, since this is my first post, a quick thanks to everyone on the site for all the amazing information. You guys rock and I'll throw my formal introduction together soon!

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Where in TN are you located?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the wife and I debated color for months, literally. Finally decided on Bright White and couldn't be happier. Never seen one with red stripes though jcal, kinda dig it!

I'm going with the always popular Boss 338's with the grey finish. Not terribly different from the stock classic rims, but they just don't do it for me with a white car for some reason. Like them better on high impact colors.

As far as location, I'm south of Nashville, Brentwood/Franklin area. Hopefully someone nearby is in the market for some classy wheels...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, as my new wheels/tires are in If I can get off work early they will get put on tonight and I'll post pics of the original wheels/tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have waited until I actually had the wheels/tires off the car before starting this thread in the first place, but you live and you learn.

Anyway, they are off as of this morning. Only 763 miles on the car when they came off, so they are as close to new as you can get. Not a single mark on them anywhere. Here are the promised pics...

Still prefer local or nearby pickup (Middle Tennessee area) but will entertain offers if nobody nearby shows interest.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Hope you find someone. Some day I will be in the market. Don't want to throw my 18's away just yet. If I drove the car in winter, I'd get some Blizzaks and swap these every fall and spring. Maybe you will find someone. Good luck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
remind me again how the classics are made again? chrome clad? aluminum?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those wheels are great looking, and would love to have them. However, they are still take offs and are a $1350 option on the window sticker. I will give $1K + Shipping. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
remind me again how the classics are made again? chroem clad? aluminum?
Forged. Looks like polished or brushed aluminum. I wish I had them.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Those wheels are great looking, and would love to have them. However, they are still take offs and are a $1350 option on the window sticker.
Not that I'm trying to sell them for the guy, but you are forgetting about the price of the new tires. I keep forgetting to call the Goodyear dealer to see what the total would be.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Forged. Looks like polished or brushed aluminum. I wish I had them.
Yep, that would be correct...forged, polished and clear coated aluminum.

These are NOT the $1350 (cast aluminum with chrome plated plastic glued on) optional wheels that SilverFox mentioned.

They are only available as part of the RT Classic Package.....unless you wanna spend $450+ each through Mopar.

^

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not that I'm trying to sell them for the guy, but you are forgetting about the price of the new tires. I keep forgetting to call the Goodyear dealer to see what the total would be.
I have tires don't need them. I will say it again they are take offs, tires came with the price of the car. Really not trying to low ball, if he can get the price more power to him. He said OBO, I made my OBO on reality. Seen this hundred times over the years. Its kind like the guys that sell their seats (selling furniture) yeah they might cost more new, but they are used and take offs. That is why they usually sell for a third of what they are new. Aside from the asking price there is probably a couple hundred more in shipping. Just saying! He will take it or leave it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yep, that would be correct...forged, polished and clear coated aluminum.

These are NOT the $1350 (cast aluminum with chrome plated plastic glued on) optional wheels that SilverFox mentioned.

They are only available as part of the RT Classic Package.....unless you wanna spend $450+ each through Mopar.

^
I know exactly what they are and just left a dealership 2 days ago samething on the floor and the sticker said 1350 option. RT, nothing clad about them. I can go back and snap a picture if you would like.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not going to argue or justify my offer. I know exactly what these wheels are. I am also not going to turn his for sale thread into a forum war. Boogie Bones I apologize that your sale thread turned into a debate, that was not my intention. I made an offer, if you do not getting any bites and you want to accept it please PM me. Either way I wish you the best of luck on the sale. Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I know exactly what they are and just left a dealership 2 days ago samething on the floor and the sticker said 1350 option. RT, nothing clad about them. I can go back and snap a picture if you would like.
no no no no no no no no no no

go to the dodge site build it.. the chrome clads are a 1350 option.. i realize that you know everything there is to be known.. If i had the money Id send it for the wheels.. you are not going to find a 20 inch chrome wheels for 1000 a set in any kind of shape...

when i checked a replacement in 2010 when the car was new they wanted a grand a wheel.... Sir mr seller do yourself a favor and unless you need the money.. hold on to them.. once they stop making them you can get what your asking.. or when somebody starts widening them

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Wheels

I'm a long-time lurker who finally joined the ranks and I have myself a new Bright White R/T Classic.

I am changing out the wheels & tires so need to sell off the originals. Currently they have 280-ish miles on them, so VERY lightly used. No marks what-so-ever and no burn-outs so the tires are pristine as well. I got the Super Track Pack option so the tires are the uprated 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires.

I'm asking for $1750 / OBO for all four wheels/tires. Does not include the tire pressure monitoring sensors.

My new wheels should be delivered/mounted by next week, so the originals will be available then. I'm in the middle Tennessee area and would prefer to sell in-person rather than ship. PM me if interested.

And, since this is my first post, a quick thanks to everyone on the site for all the amazing information. You guys rock and I'll throw my formal introduction together soon!
I could go $1500.00 if you shipped them. I could pay through Pay Pal......
[email protected]

·
Registered
438 Posts
no no no no no no no no no no

I realize that you know everything there is to be known..
I never said I was a know it all, not now or in any thread that I ever responded to...on this or any other forum. As a matter of fact I consider my knowledge base to be rather low when it comes to these cars. I am stating only what I have seen. So don't make it personal and don't be a dick. I already made my apologies to the OP about what is going on his thread, and my offer stands based on his OBO request he can take it or leave it and it is none of your business.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts