Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my console with the homelink version. So my original one is up for sale. Great condition, no issues at all. Maybe you screwed up your original or want a backup? $40 shipped. Just to be clear incase someone gets confused this console does not have homelink.

PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you know a of a part # for the wiring harness to connect the homelink. I know that you found a donor but I'm not having any luck finding one. So I guess I need to buy a new one (if possible). I have the compus module and ready to install it but...I want to do it all at once. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made the harness from the kit mjgallinaro posted. Not to hard just tedious. I used wire taps to connect to power. PM me if you need any help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
5183472AA - homelink patch

I ordered the part today $10.99 plus shipping, I should get it next week.
Here is the diagram found at Mopar Connector Repair Kit Website it's listed as Module-Eledtronic Overhead - (Headliner) 6 Way.
Check out the pin placement and let me know if it's different than you remember. Thanks for the help.

1 - D55 20 WT/OR - Can B Bus (+)
2 - D54 20 WT - Can B Bus (-)
3 - A117 20 RD/RG - Fused B (+)
4 - Z909 20 BK/LG - Ground
5 - blank
6 - blank

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is correct I believe. Check this out for some more info., this is what I followed thanks to s/s dodge but also check down towards the bottom for a shot of the harness plugged in (posted by walnetto) and you can see what colors you need to tie in to:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f38/how-install-factory-homelink-13163/

Or there is a detailed write-up on the lxforums if that isn't enough:
How to install Homelink - Lx Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

I bought a spare roll of wiring from O'Reilly's to lengthen the wiring to where you need it and also bought the wire taps from there as well. You'll need the smaller ones if you go that route, 18 gauge I think, red colored taps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts