Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Uconnect add on I pulled out of my 09 Challenger it was connected to a RES radio. I upgraded to a RER Nav radio with it built in. So, I don't need it anymore.

The unit is complete with the mic. 300.00 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I am interested in buying could u email me some pics of it, and what comes with it, ( mic,wiring,etc). My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take a few pics tonight and post them. It is a complete unit with all cables and a mic. I had the dealer install it when I bought my 09 RT. I have since upgraded the Radio and it is built in to it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I will take a few pics tonight and post them. It is a complete unit with all cables and a mic. I had the dealer install it when I bought my 09 RT. I have since upgraded the Radio and it is built in to it.

Does it have to be dealer enabled before it will work?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the answer would be yes, what radio do you have? Three letters on the bottom right of the radio....It might be a "RES"?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think the answer would be yes, what radio do you have? Three letters on the bottom right of the radio....It might be a "RES"?
I have an RES radio - it has the UConnect button on it but the car didn't have the actual UConnect option so it doesn't do anything (if that makes sense).

I had asked at a dealer when I first got it and they said that they had to StarScan it or something - wanted like $200 to do it so that's why I was asking. how much did it cost you to get it scanned?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm....I pulled a RES radio out of my Challenger that is what the UConnect was connected to. Wonder if the StarScan is in the radio and we could just swap radios?

I bought and had the dealer install the UConnect when I bought the car, It was like 600.00 bucks, installed. They told me the unit was like 487.00. (I was trying to get the sales dept. to eat it)

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
. . . Wonder if the StarScan is in the radio . . .
The StarScan is the tool used to program the cars' computer with the necessary software for the UConnect. StarMobile is a newer version of this tool. Only dealers have this tool (with a few exceptions ;) )

·
Registered
437 Posts
The StarScan is the tool used to program the cars' computer with the necessary software for the UConnect. StarMobile is a newer version of this tool. Only dealers have this tool (with a few exceptions ;) )
yeah, that's what I thought - they don't wanna do it for free either:disgust:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts