·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my POLISHED vortech V3 kit.
Has around 6K miles on it.
Complete kit.
All was installed back in August/Sept
You will need to get a steering pump pulley from vortech, and a pin for the crank, although i have the pin tool.
Will include all new unused water lines and unused air filter, and a bottle or two of vortech oil (whatever i have left).
Just changed oil 2 weeks ago on the blower.

And the extras:
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump with boost activation switch
Innovate LC-1 Wideband (may need a new o2 sensor, mine will probably strip the threads when i remove it)
Aeroforce interceptor (black with SRT logo) multi scan gauge
Autometer Mech Boost gauge
2 pod pillar
Predator (you will need to get a tune) with all cables
32T and 30T pulley with belts for each.
DMH lowprofile cutouts (will need new flanges that weld to pipe, available from DMH for around $70 i think)

4500$

Trying to sell as a complete package right now first.
Complete setup to hit mid 11's for a fraction of the cost.

To recap, if you bought this kit, you would need to buy a pulley for the power steering pump (under $75), a crank pin (probably make one for 5 cents), a tune, cutout flanges (70) and you are in in business.

All is still installed on my car, so you will have to give me a saturday to remove it all.
PM me if interested

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Good luck Mush.

Folks, I saw this 300 run 11.5s with this setup.

Mush, if you need help removing it give me a shout.

I take it this means you've decided to get a 392 Challenger?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy.
Not too sure what im doing yet. But the first thing is to de-mod. I think if i do get a challenger, wether it be 09-10 or a 392, ill keep it stock for a bit and use the money to get a lower loan

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump bump :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think you are thinking about a twin screw blower ?

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Nope. ATI Pro-Charger has 2 kinds of gears, standard (which sound like a coffee can full of rocks at idle) and heliarcal (sp?) that are reputedly much quieter. Wondering if Vortech has something similar, and which one this is.

Also what boost levels were you running with the 2 different pulley sizes included?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, i mean, its not super loud. You can barely hear it inside the car. Sounds like a power steering pump with a load, inside the car.
Here is a video with cutouts open, you cant even hear it

With the 32T you will run like 5.5-7.5
with the 30T you make 7.5-9.5 i think
It all depends too on your setup and tuning and other mods

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
LOL, with cutouts open you can't hear ANYTHING but exhaust. :)

All good, no worries. What was the boost you were running for those 2 pulley sizes please?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the 32T you will run like 5.5-7.5
with the 30T you make 7.5-9.5 i think
It all depends too on your setup and tuning and other mods

5.5-7.5
and
7.5-9.5
there abouts

·
Premium Member
11,116 Posts
To help clarify - Procharger has the Helical Gear option to quiet down the blowers. All Vortech HEMI kits come with Helical cut gears standard :)

The V3 means its self lubricating (V1s and V2 you needed to run the oil line to the oil pan).

Hope that helps :)

Bump for a great kit!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks mikey, i didnt think vortech made different gears for a quiet version. Its not very loud as is. Cant imagine it being quieter

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
found this video online

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, a few small differences. Im not sure about the injectors. I do have a 34T pulley for the RT, but no cog belt.
challenger might have a additional intake tube that goes from blower into fender well, although im not sure if it has to be used.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So is this a cog belt drive? Did that come with the kit or did you add that setup? The reason I am asking is I am interested, not just killin' time. Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, i dont have the cog belt that goes with the 5.7. I have the 5.7L pulley because i ordered the wrong one when i was ordering the 30T on accident.

·
Registered
2009 SRT8
114 Posts
I am interested in your gauge/pod setup. If the person you sell this to has no need for these gauges let me know.
I just bought an STS turbo kit and am looking for the Aeroforce/scan gauge/pillar pod.
Thanks
David C.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts