Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came in after a little over a month of waiting. Overall, the factory order process wasn't bad, it's definitely stressful waiting for for it, but worth it in the end.

Some minor damage on the front bumper from transport but I didn't feel like letting it sit at the dealership till they fixed it, so I took it and they're gonna call me once they have the replacement bumper painted and ready to install.

In the mean time, I get to drive it and work on breaking in the engine so that I can really have fun with it. Already gotten a few comments from random folks complimenting the color.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Congratulations on the car but never take delivery until it fully meets expectations. Supposing the bumper does satisfy you? Did they agree to cover the paint work from peeling for the duration of ownership? You’d be surprised how agreeable they are until your sale is a done deal. I learned the hard way and traded in a brand new four week old car over bad paint work and bought a replacement car.
Wishing you an excellent outcome.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Beautiful

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Very nice! I saw three F8's at the dealership today. Very cool color.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Without your car, they are mixing the paint by the paint code. A paint code gives you the basic color, but each color has variances. Variance happen because of different batches of paint and/or suppliers.

Paint must be tinted, and/or blended for an invisible color match. If they are simply painting a new bumper, by the paint code, it could, very likely, have a poor color match.

Have them put it on a lift so you can verify that every damn push in, screw in and plastic rivet, fastener is installed. These are difficult bumpers it fully build, that require about 20 plastic rivets, 4 metal rivets, and more. I have never seen one replaced correctly.

Better yet, once the repair is complete, take the car to an independent shop to verify that it was installed correctly and without any missing fasteners.

Get a receipt that the bumper was replaced, under warranty. I would also contact FCA to make sure they have a record of the bumper being replaced under warranty.

I'm a professional collision repair and refinishing, technician.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,643 Posts
Your car looks great! Enjoy every minute and be safe.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Awesome car, I love that color in these cars. I'm so glad they brought it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts