Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 Blacktop, I also got a Karr brand alarm sold by the dealer which supposedly adds a motion detector to the factory alarm. I have a question I could not find the answer to in the manual. On the key fob, if the car is locked and the alarm armed, If I click the lock button, (like I'm double checking that the alarm is set) I have noticed that the front turn signals will flash and the horn honks like it's arming and locking the car but then the damn alarm goes off like I hit the panic button. Then I have to use the unlock button to stop this nonsense. If I hit the panic button to stop the alarm, then the panic alarm begins to sound. Is this normal or is mine having an issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
On my 2014 Blacktop, I also got a Karr brand alarm sold by the dealer which supposedly adds a motion detector to the factory alarm. I have a question I could not find the answer to in the manual. On the key fob, if the car is locked and the alarm armed, If I click the lock button, (like I'm double checking that the alarm is set) I have noticed that the front turn signals will flash and the horn honks like it's arming and locking the car but then the damn alarm goes off like I hit the panic button. Then I have to use the unlock button to stop this nonsense. If I hit the panic button to stop the alarm, then the panic alarm begins to sound. Is this normal or is mine having an issue?
Thanks
This seems more like a Karr alarm question than a Challenger question. I would suggest taking it back to the installer and asking them. Or if it came with a manually it might have the information you're after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts