Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I bypass the factory amp? I am wanting to run my doors,dash, rears speakers off an aftermarket. I have never done this with a factory HU so any help would be great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
How can I bypass the factory amp? I am wanting to run my doors,dash, rears speakers off an aftermarket. I have never done this with a factory HU so any help would be great.

You have to get a inline conver for the factory head unit and plug the RCA cables from the inline converter to the amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
U really need to use a summing device for after the amp. Something that will take what coming out of the amp and flatten it out for u to push into ur amps or better yet dsp. There really isn't anything u can do with @nything after the radio. I just wired in an ms8 and it sounds great after a little trial and error.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bigdodge is right, you will need a summing unit wired after the factory amp. I'm running a LC7i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Actually, PAC Audio is now making a CANBUS interface that plugs in between the Head unit and factory amp, and gives you RCA/TOSLINK out:

AmpPRO Amplifier Interface Module

Waited a long time for this to come out, since I didn't want to go the post-amplifier route. Full disclosure, however... I haven't pulled the trigger yet, because I'm waiting for another component in my system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one of those PAC Audio pieces. I'm going to be using that for my 3 way component set, through a Bit One processor. A JL 6ch amp will power the front speakers, and an Alpine will power the subs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the PAC piece as well, i highly recommend getting the optical out add on piece if you have a DSP that will take the optical in, anyhow it is a phenomenal unit especially for the price. I have not tried one stand alone into a set of amps without a processor but it completely eliminates the factory time alignment and EQ to provide a clean flat signal. Depending on your application you can turn the setting on inside the unit for the factory EQ functions on the head unit to work (not recommended if you are using a DSP) but really makes installing an amplifier or DSP a breeze and improves the sound so much over summing the factory signal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the PAC unit installed and it works great. Much neater then the audio control unit I was using. I kept the dash speakers on internal amp and driving the door, deck and sub with an external amp

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bigdodge is right, you will need a summing unit wired after the factory amp. I'm running a LC7i.

How did you run the lc7i from the factory amp?

You have to interrupt the speaker wires leaving the factory amp... connect them to the input of the summing unit... and run the outputs to your new amps or directly to the speakers.

I chose this route because I wanted to retain full control using the factory EQ, fade and balance. I read that function is lost with the PAC unit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts