Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Kurt here.
First-time post.
Looking for some advice on the door speakers in the car.

I just purchased a 2011 inaugural srt8 with the 430N system and kicker sub in the back. There seems to be an issue with the door speakers. The door speakers are all bass. I took a speaker off to test it and it produced full sound so either I don't know how to adjust the 430 properly or there is another issue. Can someone help me out.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I'm just guessing here as I'm not an SRT owner. Maybe there is a crossover network that only sends the low signals to the door speakers? If you have speakers in the dash and rear deck, then I think I might be on to something. Hopefully an SRT owner will confirm this.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'm not familiar with the radios in the pre-2015's, but if it has an amp (a "premium" audio system), then the door speakers are probably only supposed to play bass. WIth my 2018 GT with the Alpine 6-speaker amplified system, the doors get bass only, the dash speakers get mids/highs only and the rear-deck speakers get full-range signals (but only play bass/mids since there is no tweeter).

So it's most likely operating as designed....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Operating as designed, yes, it is exactly that so I think your right. I adjusted the equalizer with bass all the way up, mids all the way down, treble all the way up and it is acceptable. I think this is as good as it gets and I'm just spoiled by better systems. This thread can be locked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts