Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my exhaust tips is slightly crooked, and I want to adjust it so that it is not.

I loosened the clamp for the tip and tried to move it, but it would not turn. I notice that the bottom of the clamp is spot-welded to the pipe coming from the resonator. Is the tip also spot-welded somewhere?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
On my car the spot weld was only on the pipes. When I changed my system I loosened the clamps and tapped the tips with a rubber mallet and they came off leaving the clamps in place.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Mine weren't. Of course the 2010 being the fastest.....they started welding the tips on afterwards. Many out ran the tips upon sudden acceleration. Just sayin'. :werd:

Reactions: Yellow Jacket 2012

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
The spot weld you see should be of the exhaust tip, and not to the pipe.

I am certain the tip will free itself with some WD-40 or a gentle nudge.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
The clamp is welded to the output of the resonator, not the tip. Loosen the clamps and tap the tip with a rubber mallet (easy does it) and it will pop loose.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clamp is welded to the output of the resonator, not the tip. Loosen the clamps and tap the tip with a rubber mallet (easy does it) and it will pop loose.
Perfect, thanks! I just didn't want to break one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine weren't. Of course the 2010 being the fastest.....they started welding the tips on afterwards. Many out ran the tips upon sudden acceleration. Just sayin'. :werd:
Got a belly laugh out of this comment. Reminds me of when I once out dove my swim trunks...

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
There was a pretty substantial weld on mine. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut the weld. Took about 5 minutes each and a few little cutting discs.

Reactions: Bookmaker

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That did the trick. I used a tiny level, and now my tips are level front to back, side to side, and centered. Looks perfect!

Reactions: Danner

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
That did the trick. I used a tiny level, and now my tips are level front to back, side to side, and centered. Looks perfect!
Nice to hear all is right in your world again. lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts