Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a issue with their factory leather passenger seat squeaking? Whenever I run over minor rough roads (which are everywhere here in the Chicago area), the road vibrations cause the empty passenger seat to vibrate causing it to squeak somewhere. I can reproduce the squeak by tapping lightly on the back of the seat. Unfortunately, I may have to wait till spring to find the exact culprit.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it can get a bit annoying. I sometimes put my right arm over headrest of the passenger seat to keep it from vibrating. I originally thought it was a side to side vibration causing the squeak, but it turns out that if you tap the back of the seat, causing it to vibrate front to back, you can reproduce the squeak with the car parked, engine off. That seems to indicate that the squeak is coming from the hindges.

Unfortunately, with 2 feet of snow on the ground and 5 ft drifts in front of my garage, the squeak will have to wait.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
My drivers seat makes a little pop that I can just hear and feel in the seat bottom. Only happens when I take off from a stop. I cannot reproduce it manually. Have been hoping it will go away on it's own.
I know the dealer will say "we could'nt replicate it, so sorry nothing we can do":dunno:

·
Registered
171 Posts
You the CTS-V guys complain of the very same thing with the leather seats. A squeak when running on rough roads. Wonder if the same Tier 3 made both seats?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts