Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New option you can now order for $75.

Im sure dealers will eat this up with all the thefts on the high dollar wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
184 Posts
Is this new? When I got my last 2 Challengers the dealer installed the Mopar wheel locks for free.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, a new factory option. I would think they will come in a box in the trunk for dealer install but this is a factory option and never had that option before, they were always dealer add-ons.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,519 Posts
Where did you see it Slidd? On the build page?

A Guy

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you see it Slidd? On the build page?

A Guy
Saw a Charger Hellcat POC and it was on there, and dealer said it was an option now.

Looked on Dodge site and not there (no surprise) but on nadaguides its everywhere, SXT to Hellcat.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,027 Posts
If these Mopar wheel locks are the standard kind, they won't be that effective. The best locks are the Gorilla ones with the free-spinning outer sleeves that rotate if a socket is jammed over the lock. I suppose a thief could eventually remove the sleeve with a hammer and chisel, but that would take a lot of time and make a lot of noise.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Gorilla's are nice, I'm guessing the factory locks will be the Mopar locks which are made by McGard.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you want factory looking lug nuts you can get them for less than 60 bucks and put them on yourself. In addition you now have 4 spare lug nuts you didn't have to buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts