Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anywhere besides the dealership that I can get some factory lug nuts for the chrome clads?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The factory lug nuts are 2 piece, and stripe very easily. Gorilla makes replacements not exactly the same look however. Gorilla has chrome or black.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's why I need some, two of mine are stripped. I wouldn't mind having chrome but I don't want something that will rust.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can you please elaborate? What do you mean 2 peice? What do you do strip them? Just removing them strips them? What can be done to avoid this?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Yes if replacing go aftermarket, the OEM's are horrible. Two piece means the outside is just a cover over the actual lug nut...what happens over time is they strip and turn independently of eachother...makes it a real pain to get a wheel off! The outers are also very soft acnd corners round easily.

Gorilla replacements are the best...we have them in Chrome, Black or Stainless Steel

Here is a link
Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Amazon probably has them cheaper, I found Gorilla's locking lug nuts on their for cheaper than anywhere else.
Always possible that someone somewhere will have a cheaper price...but I don't see Amazon here helping the members @ 10:00 PM ;)

Plus we price match

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says on Gorilla's website that they guarantee the chrome lug nuts will never rust. I've never had chrome on a vehicle that didn't rust so would it be better to get the stainless?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If the chrome does rust do they replace them? It doesn't say anything about it on their website it just says they're guaranteed not to rust. Also, they come in sets of 4, so I guess I'll have to buy 5 sets?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I just did my first tire rotation and I didnt have the socket all the way on one of the lugs and sure enough I rounded off the corner on the cover. Will have to replace those mofos when I do the next rotation :disgust:

Yes if replacing go aftermarket, the OEM's are horrible. Two piece means the outside is just a cover over the actual lug nut...what happens over time is they strip and turn independently of eachother...makes it a real pain to get a wheel off! The outers are also very soft acnd corners round easily.

Gorilla replacements are the best...we have them in Chrome, Black or Stainless Steel

Here is a link
Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
If the chrome does rust do they replace them? It doesn't say anything about it on their website it just says they're guaranteed not to rust. Also, they come in sets of 4, so I guess I'll have to buy 5 sets?
You should only install 3 standard lug nuts on each wheel. The other two should be the Gorilla security locks with the spinning sleeves. Install them opposite each other (e.g., 12 and 6 o'clock positions) for maximum security.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Always possible that someone somewhere will have a cheaper price...but I don't see Amazon here helping the members @ 10:00 PM ;)

Plus we price match
Don't worry. I'll buy a set from you (In Black) and support a board Vendor. (You will have to price match the amazon price of course though :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts