Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So three days ago I ordered a Destroyer Gray TA 392 built it out brought to dealer got price (='s got screwed - lol...) forgot the hood pins. Called stealer next day requested he put hood pins on order. Called back stated: "Hood pins are not a factory option anymore" - So I pushed this monkey, pushed him and pushed him - best I could get was it was an option discontinued recently and only way to order now is buy the kit and dealer monkey drills your hood - I CAN TELL YOU THAT AIN'T HAPPENING ...!!!

Anyone know anything about this SNAFU ...?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
It's not that hard, just do it yourself.

·
Registered
15,050 Posts
They never were factory per se, they were installed at the upfitter Ground Effects along with the rest of the T/A stuff, dont know if dealer knows that or not.

Maybe the huge Demon and Widebody backlog has pushed T/A down a bit, I don't know.

Try sending an email here, explain your situation and see what they say.

[email protected]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I don’t believe for a minute hood pins were discontinued. Sounds like it’s time to call the dealer’s bluff. Maybe the Dodge folks monitoring the site can confirm they’re available. Or maybe you can call another dealer to spec out the car with pins.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hood pins are still an available option on the dodge site when you build a T/A. You should be able to amend your order assuming it hasn’t hit build yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cancel your order and re-order correctly. Maybe use another dealer because this one is out to lunch.

Idoono

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Cancel your order and re-order correctly. Maybe use another dealer because this one is out to lunch.

Idoono
And tell them that's why you're cancelling. That might spark some action.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I just purchased my hood pins from the dealership, then had a good body shop properly install them for me. There is no way I'd drill holes through my hood, and take a chance of screwing up the paint. :wink3:

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
have the dealer throw the hood pins in for free when you pick the car up, like they do with mud flaps if you ask. Then take them and have them installed.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
have the dealer throw the hood pins in for free when you pick the car up, like they do with mud flaps if you ask. Then take them and have them installed.
I got a better deal than that; employee pricing on all parts. :grin2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My T/A 392 just arrived at Folsom, CA dealer on 4/24, and the friggin' hood pins were not installed either! Order from dealer clearly showed hood pin option, and I was sure as hell billed for it. Dealer was total dick about it, tried to hand my off to their parts department, who said hood pin kits were on back order, couldn't give me date when he might have them. What a bunch of crap, Mopar site had them in stock, the are available from several sources on Amazon, etc. same Mopar OEM kit and part number, but when I pointed this out to their GM he said they had to follow their "process" and go through their "suppliers". Total BS! I shouldn't be surprised, but I am super pissed. Once they had their money, they didn't give a [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke to the Dodge factory rep today, he confirmed that hood pins were discontinued as a factory option on Feb 13th (does not know why), but that no one informed the sales teams/dealers or updated the website. He is going to send my dealer the pins and make sure they get installed. Hope you can get yours too. I imagine we are not the only ones...

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
The new factory Mopar hood pins are awesome. I bought a set and installed them myself. If was a piece of cake and my radiator support and hood are not stock. Even have a body shop do it, I am sure they wouldn't charge much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts