Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am hoping to put down a deposit on a factory order this Saturday. For those who've done this before, is there anything I need to be aware of or watch out for? I assume the contract specifies what happens in the event Dodge ups the pricing, and is it correct that I'm guaranteed the discounts at the date of signing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all. I am hoping to put down a deposit on a factory order this Saturday. For those who've done this before, is there anything I need to be aware of or watch out for? I assume the contract specifies what happens in the event Dodge ups the pricing, and is it correct that I'm guaranteed the discounts at the date of signing?

Thanks.
I did a factory order last august. This is what I recommend.
When you arrive make sure you have an actual list either written on paper or printed out of exactly what colour, trim, options, tires etc that you want. (If you don’t have a list written down then they’ll try to sell you it). The more knowledge you have on the car you want to build than the less they’ll question you and try to sell you stuff just to make money. It’ll also put them more into a “fish out of water” feeling because you WILL know more about challengers then they do. Make sure you know what the warranty (factory default) warranty is. They’ll try to sell you extended (waste of $5000). They may try sell you stuff if you seem excited.

You want to have a poker face.

When I arrived, I was dressed business casual and had a binder of what colour, options, tires etc I want. I legit had point form of all options I want and I had the price written down beside it. I knew it came with 1 year trial of satellite radio out of the factory (they tried to sell me satellite radio subscription and my response was “it comes with 1 year free”… they didn’t know that)….
Make sure you know what the options give you… like what the technology group means… driver convenience package means etc.

As for price: When you do the factory order, your price is locked at that price unless dodge lowers the price or offers rebates that could lower the price. Your cost will NOT increase. It’ll ONLY decrease. If dodge increases the price of challengers a day after you do paperwork… too bad for the dealer they can NOT charge you a higher price. It always goes in your favour.

You’re going to want to actively monitor the dodge website after you do the factory order (the dealer won’t tell you if dodge drops the price… you have to take initiative and detect for yourself if the price drops and then PRINT IT OFF FOR PROOF. Anything that can benefit you, print it off…

I printed off everything and I paid thousands of dollars less than I should have… because I had hard copy evidence of everything.

The more you know… the less they will try to push you around. The more you educate yourself on the car the cheaper you’ll get it and more of an enjoyable experience you’ll get.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Simply put, you are your own advocate. Do your homework, make your best deal and document it. Try to imagine all possible issues.
If it doesn't wake you up at night, you're not giving it enough thought. IMO.
You are only "guaranteed" what you negotiate.
And...if it's not in writing, with a signature of an authority of the dealership, it never happened.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Be the kind of customer they hate, an educated one. Go to the Dodge Build a Car section, add the options you want, and print it out. While you are there, Search the Inventory around your area, crank the miles up to 250, maybe you'll get lucky? Have fun!

Reactions: Donniet53

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Price should be negotiated when you order.

From what I remember you get whatever incentives are in a pace at time of delivery.

One thing I will tell you... Your car will get there when it gets there. You NEED to understand that upfront.

If your dealer tells you 4-6 weeks and it takes 3 months, that’s just how it is.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Great feedback from others. Don't go this Saturday.. end of the Quarter is June 30. Use that to your advantage and go the following Saturday or better yet, June 30. You may want to go a few days earlier and shop around as some dealers think they can charge over MSRP and get away with it. They'll want to close out the month strong and be more likely to make a deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts

From what I remember you get whatever incentives are in a pace at time of delivery.

One thing I will tell you... Your car will get there when it gets there. You NEED to understand that upfront.

If your dealer tells you 4-6 weeks and it takes 3 months, that’s just how it is.
No, you get whatever incentive is better the time you ordered or take delivery, whichever of the two is better, that's what you get.

Make sure you search the manufacturer rebates/incentives closely. I found a first responders discount of $500. There is also stuff for disabled folks that Dodge does.

Also shop dealers far and wide, start with dealers furthest from you and work your way inward. By the time you've gotten to your five closet dealers, you know exactly what questions they'll ask and you don't sound like a noob. Plus you can beat them down with the best offer in the state. I usually already know the dealership I "prefer" to buy the car from, and call them dead last. This way I'm armed with the most information possible.

Don't regret not adding a package you wanted, but understand the realities of your wants. Like for me, I've never heard a stock radio that I thought was poor. I don't generally like the radio on when I'm trying to enjoy the driving experience. But if I did want to play some 70's stuff, the value an over priced stereo isn't worth it to me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
I disagree on which incentive you get. It's whatever is current when it's delivered. if a dealer says whichever is better, get it in writing, because that's on the dealer, not Dodge

A Guy

Reactions: RWL11 and Loopy

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
I disagree on which incentive you get. It's whatever is current when it's delivered. if a dealer says whichever is better, get it in writing, because that's on the dealer, not Dodge

A Guy
Agree, all you have to do is read the fine print on every rebate and it plainly will say must take retail delivery by such and such a date, in other words, you get what's in effect at the time of delivery.

Now there is a complicated way a dealer can lock in the rebate where they call a number and get an authorization code but that is on them to do and not automatically guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts

"If your dealer tells you 4-6 weeks and it takes 3 months, that’s just how it is."
That's exactly what happened to me.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
No, you get whatever incentive is better the time you ordered or take delivery, whichever of the two is better, that's what you get.

Make sure you search the manufacturer rebates/incentives closely. I found a first responders discount of $500. There is also stuff for disabled folks that Dodge does.

Also shop dealers far and wide, start with dealers furthest from you and work your way inward. By the time you've gotten to your five closet dealers, you know exactly what questions they'll ask and you don't sound like a noob. Plus you can beat them down with the best offer in the state. I usually already know the dealership I "prefer" to buy the car from, and call them dead last. This way I'm armed with the most information possible.

Don't regret not adding a package you wanted, but understand the realities of your wants. Like for me, I've never heard a stock radio that I thought was poor. I don't generally like the radio on when I'm trying to enjoy the driving experience. But if I did want to play some 70's stuff, the value an over priced stereo isn't worth it to me.
" I found a first responders discount of $500"
As a recently retired first responder, I got this discount.
But I had to find it myself. It was not offered.

A Guy
This is correct. I had to get the 3K rebate in writing as "good until unit was delivered". Signed by the owner.
If it expired before my car arrived, per the sales guy, it would not apply.
Handwriting Font Material property Parallel Rectangle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts