Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge and ordered a Go Mango Widebody today . Hopefully it takes the 4-8 weeks and not longer then that. All you dealers selling used 2019s For 49000 and over when you can get a new one the same or maybe a little less with rebates ..... good luck to you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Worse is the dealer selling a used 2017 Scat Pack Shaker with 35k miles on it for 49k

I have no idea what goes through their mind when pricing out these cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ordered a Sinamon Stick 1320 on 7-23 went D-1 on 7-25 this will be the longest wait of my life
\

Well I will be hoping for D1 then.
Order codes are: BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Order codes are: BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled
Okay and I guess once you get the VIN you can go on dodges website and look for updates?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered a Go Mango Widebody today . Hopefully it takes the 4-8 weeks and not longer then that. All you dealers selling used 2019s For 49000 and over when you can get a new one the same or maybe a little less with rebates ..... good luck to you.
Best of luck! I ordered 4/20. Didn't get built until around 7/4. Been completed at the outfitter and is sitting in Toronto for the past two weeks, not shipping. On 7/17, the delivery lead time was 12-26 days. Two weeks later, on 7/31 the delivery lead time extended to 14-28 days. Today is 105 days since I signed the paperwork and put the money down.

On the other hand... Several other members on this forum who placed orders in May & June have already received their cars.

The stink of the matter for us mere customers....there is no apparent reason as to why Dodge ships quickly to some dealers and why they delay others. It really seems to be a roll of the dice on our end. Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 RT Shaker, Triple Nickel
10 Posts
Ordered a Triple Nickel RT Shaker on 7/15, went to D1 on 7/21, built on 7/27, now at upfitter, should be shipped this week. Dealer said it should be delivered before end of August. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best of luck! I ordered 4/20. Didn't get built until around 7/4. Been completed at the outfitter and is sitting in Toronto for the past two weeks, not shipping. On 7/17, the delivery lead time was 12-26 days. Two weeks later, on 7/31 the delivery lead time extended to 14-28 days. Today is 105 days since I signed the paperwork and put the money down.

On the other hand... Several other members on this forum who placed orders in May & June have already received their cars.

The stink of the matter for us mere customers....there is no apparent reason as to why Dodge ships quickly to some dealers and why they delay others. It really seems to be a roll of the dice on our end. Good luck!
Yes I read about your plight . I have had Dodges before and their customer service is awful but I love the cars so I am stuck with them

·
Registered
24 Posts

that just sucks hope they get their ducks in a row and get your car to you

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The stink of the matter for us mere customers....there is no apparent reason as to why Dodge ships quickly to some dealers and why they delay others.
FCA doesn't ship vehicles. It's all third party for shipping.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I think every time you check the site or contact the dealer, your order gets pushed back a week, just a theory I have... j/k. :sneaky:

·
Registered
484 Posts
You knew what I meant. Once the deal had aged 60 days in the system, then customer service could open a ticket to ask why the car wasn't built yet. And surprise, it was built the following week. But that hasn't stopped FCA from holding the car back from the dealer. Lots of other people are getting cars delivered, so there is no issue with the third party hauling it across country. Gcsps ordered a month after me and he is getting his delivered this week...in Hawaii. Two 50th anniversary Hellraisin's which were built in June turned up on a dealer's lot in Tacoma this week (and quickly disappeared).

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
285 Posts
True, but they setup the shipping contracts and pay for it. Same as pretty much every business that ships anything, they all go through 3rd party. I sell stuff on ebay and I don't ship anything, USPS and Fedex does, but I still have some control over shipping times. I realize shipping yellow plastic splitter guards isn't the same as shipping an entire car, but the idea is the same. I also don't know how the rail system works. Is there a monopoly? Does FCA not have any options so they're actually at the mercy of the rail system? Or are they trying to save as much money as they can and paying for "Parcel" service that lets the rail companies take their sweet time versus paying for "Priority" service that demands the rail companies meet some sort of timelines?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I think every time you check the site or contact the dealer, your order gets pushed back a week, just a theory I have... j/k. :sneaky:
Knowing it would take a while, I only checked with the dealer after the first four weeks. Then I went to an every two week check in. I should have built up some patient customer karma early on that I can expend now by being pesky. :p

Truthfully... I think FCA/Dodge is operating like it is 1995 and they think it is difficult for customers to compare notes. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have no idea that I was being held back. FCA/Dodge/dealer would control all the information and could feed me whatever bravo-sierra line they wanted. Now I am here all P.O'd because there is some sort of problem and they won't level with me about it. Lack of transparency breeds mistrust.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts