Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
Insider connections/supplier pricing aside, are people basically paying MSRP for custom orders? Do dealers see custom orders as less profitable and thus don't discount? I'm looking for a barebones auto Scat Pack as cheap as possible, but those are hard to come by so would have to custom order. Yet if that loses discounts then I might as well pay for the car sitting on the lot.
No, virtually no one is paying MSRP for anything, custom orders included. If a dealer tells you that, then immediately leave and find another dealer.

Custom orders are usually more profitable for the dealer as unless something crazy happens, the car is basically already sold so it's no risk to them nor does it require any selling or a wait for their money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I punched in the VIN and it worked so I guess maybe that is a good sign. I'm not expecting to see this car until November at this point but eh, end of the year incentives right ?

Still not happy the way Canadian customers are treated, and still think it's ridiculous that it takes almost 6 months from order date to receive a car here.

I understand COVID has delayed somethings but it's not like the factory has been down long enough to justify a 6 month wait - and even if it was, that should have been communicated better like "oh hey, just so you know if you order a car you're looking at a half year wait period" would have been nice.

Also to clarify, not upset with my sales guy as he seemed just as in the dark as me about it. I fully blame FCA. They should be telling the dealerships to not take deposits on orders if they can't guarantee the product. The fact some of these orders are being canceled and going in reverse is just crazy to me. Build the damn car or don't build the damn car, but communicate it to the customer dropping 50,000+
I hope it works out for you, just don’t get your hopes up as my VIN and window sticker magically disappeared yesterday. I had the window sticker and figured hey we’re all set now for sure,”NOT” like you said , sales guy is in the dark too, it’s FCA. I must go check and see if it magically “appeared” again,😂

I do believe things happen for a reason and some things not meant to be. Maybe is was going to be a Lemon, maybe it could of been my “Death Car”. Who knows.

Come on 2021 “1320 Widebody” 😅

·
Registered
47 Posts
😂 OH MY!! Just for shits and giggles I checked to see if it the window sticker was there...it’s there. Just waiting for sales guy to call me and then I’ll say it back and in D status again right. This is just to screwed up.😅

I’m not going to get my hopes up! 🤣

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I ordered mine they had the employee pricing incentive. So it's MSRP minus any incentives but only matters what those incentives are upon delivery. They won't honor them upon order until the car has arrived, at least my dealership wouldn't. Also they weren't going to go down on price either. If anything, with limited supply, you're looking at increased prices on ones already sitting on the lot.
Have a read through Slidd’s and A Guy post here. They can be locked in. You should get to choose your original deal or the current one being offered but “not” both. I would go to the dealer armed with this info. Or maybe it’s not available in Canada...😂

You can always negotiate on an ordered car, if for some reason the dealer says no, then go somewhere else.

Yes, nothing like getting exactly what you want and nothing that you don't want. Just seems like you can never find that perfect car on the lot.

On the rebate, the dealer can lock them in, he just has to check this box.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
View attachment 1000266

I had always heard you could not lock them in...but this may explain it

If true, it becomes a question of which codes can be locked in, and how you would find that out

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 RT Shaker, Triple Nickel
9 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience to date, thought I would have a car by now, but no such luck.

7/15/20 – placed order
7/22/20 – received VIN
7/27/20 – vehicle built & sent to body fitter
8/20/20 – vehicle entered shipping
8/26/20 – told by Dodge Customer Care that ETA to dealer would be 8/31 to 9/14/20
8/28/20 – told by Dodge Customer Care that ETA to dealer was not available at this time
9/4/20 – told by Dodge Customer Care that ETA to dealer would now be 9/7 to 9/21/20
9/9/20 – vehicle arrived at rail head in Cottage Grove, Mn
9/16/20- told by Dodge Customer Care that ETA to dealer was not available at this time

To date my Challenger has spent 3+ weeks sitting in a rail yard waiting to be moved, either in Brampton or Cottage Grove, MN. That is the part that is extremely frustrating. Customer Care only gives canned responses and it seems like there is no one to contact to get any answers or action. Dealer has been sympathetic but is at a loss also. Seems simple enough to me to that they should have a firm date for delivery to dealer, especially after car has been completed, but apparently not. Not happy!
The day finally came, picked up my Challenger today!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,608 Posts
Reactions: 71CUDA340

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to join this forum to dig what's going on with challenger manufacturing. Ordered mine July 30 with 0% interest. Got my VON but until now it is on status BX with no end in sight.

Dealer told me the it is highly likely that my order will get cancelled. There are no more allocation for Canada. Kinda ironic, knowing that the factory is just two hours away from Toronto and we cant get one.

They offered a 2021, same price but without he 0% incentive. A harrowing experience for a first time dodge buyer. Thinking of dropping the challenger and moving to a different brand all together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update -

I called the dealership today. My Challenger is in "G" status. Here's the timeline so far:

August 8: Ordered car (Received VON)
August 20: Received VIN for the car (D Status)
September 11: Received update - car is scheduled to be built (D1 Status)
September 18: Received update - car is still in D1 Status
September 25: Received update - car is in G Status

The original estimated shipping date was September 26. I'm guessing the car will be shipped in October.

My car will look similar to the one in this photo:

2020 DODGE CHALLENGER RT FOR SALE AT GARLAND DODGE PHOTO 1.jpg

This beauty is for sale at Grapevine Dodge in Grapevine, Texas.
https://www.grapevinedodge.com/auto/new-2020-dodge-challenger-rt-near-garland-tx/47391614/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok. I was just trying to establish a time line as it seem it’s all different here in Canada. It’s funny we here in Canada can get the Dodge window sticker a couple days after VIN is assigned, but it probably doesn’t show up on that web site until it’s invoiced to the dealer.(maybe) 😂 keep posting ur updates!👍

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,608 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought that Canadian owners were using this?

http://windowsticker.fcacanada.ca/?language=en&vin=

A Guy
That’s right A Guy we are. We can get the info as in VIN, the options you decided on,dealers address and so on. But they are also available on that Infotainment | Vin Decoder I’m just trying to figure out when they show up there. This will be proof that’s it’s built as it will have an actual “Monroney Sticker” I’m “guessing” when it’s invoiced to the dealer?( maybe?)

Let’s say in my case where I don’t call the dealer every other day😄 the car could be built and let’s say invoiced to the dealer and then it would show up on that Infotainment | Vin Decoder site. It will have a Monroney Sticker When it does show up there I know the car is built (hopefully) and then I’ll call the dealer and ask him for a ETA.

On another note I don’t want to ask for status updates every week,(keep bugging them)🤣.

Here is what we can get in Canada a couple days after the VIN is assigned. ( Not a Monroney Sticker) No status codes. Basically it’s confirmation that the order is in. It’s whats available on the Dodge.ca website.

4F1AEB5B-940D-458F-B445-E246594BA6B0.png

181 - 197 of 197 Posts