Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
That’s good news that your car is still on the Canadian Window Sticker... we were all pretty close to ordering around the same time, you CJS and myself. Maybe I should of used CJS dealer, he only 1.5 hrs from me.😅. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't like the fact that smaller dealers are pushed back while bigger dealers have more chance to receive their ordered cars even if ordered later or at the same time. I know it's an economics game, but I think it's somewhat unfair for those living in less populated areas.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
I don't like the fact that smaller dealers are pushed back while bigger dealers have more chance to receive their ordered cars even if ordered later or at the same time. I know it's an economics game, but I think it's somewhat unfair for those living in less populated areas.
True you are right but always been like that, back in 15 there were many big dealers that were given many multiples of Hellcats and many smaller dealers couldn't even get a single one under the allocation system, definitely not fair but doubt it will change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep totally agree! That’s why I went to Edmonton ,St Albert thinking there shouldn’t be an issue, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe next year!🤣👍there are a couple of dealers really close to me but I doubt if they even know what a Challenger is!😂 They are mostly truck and minivan sales.

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Update - I received an email from the dealership on September 11th.

My Challenger R/T has an estimated shipping date of September 26, which means it should (hopefully) arrive at the dealership in mid-October.

Here's the timeline so far:
August 8: Ordered car
August 20: Received VIN for the car (D Status)
September 26: Estimated shipping date.
Mid-October: Estimated arrival date at the dealership.
Mine showed up 10 days early, hope you’re as fortunate.

Reactions: Sully’s Hemi

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree 100%

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats. My dealer called me today after speaking with his management and they called in and moved my car forward. They don't have a shipping date yet but have been promised they will have it within 48 hours and will give it to me

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
Hello everyone! Saw that there was a bunch of Canadian users so thought I would join in and maybe get some assistance! I placed my order on August 6, got my VIN and D status on the 18th. On September 4 i was updated that the estimated shipping date is the 22nd. It is the 28th today and still no update. Should I expect at least an extra week? I live in the Windsor area.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello everyone! Saw that there was a bunch of Canadian users so thought I would join in and maybe get some assistance! I placed my order on August 6, got my VIN and D status on the 18th. On September 4 i was updated that the estimated shipping date is the 22nd. It is the 28th today and still no update. Should I expect at least an extra week? I live in the Windsor area.
Well it really does depend. I ordered mine May 25 and only received it in September. Others got cancelled, while others ordered later and received it or will receive it shortly. I guess it goes by dealer allocation?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Rami ;) Did your Window Sticker and Build Sheet come up?

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
Well it really does depend. I ordered mine May 25 and only received it in September. Others got cancelled, while others ordered later and received it or will receive it shortly. I guess it goes by dealer allocation?
That is so weird, not sure what exactly is going on. At some point soon I would rather have it be canceled honestly

Welcome to Challengertalk Rami ;) Did your Window Sticker and Build Sheet come up?

A Guy
A Guy! Thank you! I used the website that all the Canadian members used to pull up the window sticker but still can not seem to view my sticker on any US websites. I called the dealer this morning and they said that they put a push on it. He checked the latest status and he said that the estimated shipping date has changed from September 22nd to November 4th!!! He said it was good news that we at least have an estimated date but that also means that I have to wait at least another 4 weeks. Wondering now if they might actually cancel it because he said it is on and off D status

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
If you'd rather wait for the 2021, perhaps talk to your dealer and cancel, but let them know you want to order a 2021 as soon as the order banks open. Otherwise it's just a waiting game for you to see if they actually build it, and when it comes

A Guy

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you'd rather wait for the 2021, perhaps talk to your dealer and cancel, but let them know you want to order a 2021 as soon as the order banks open. Otherwise it's just a waiting game for you to see if they actually build it, and when it comes

A Guy
The problem for him I presume is he would lose the incentives if he went for a 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts

A Guy
I might have to do that if nothing changes in 2 weeks. Hoping for good news soon, I live 3-4 hours away from the Brampton plant so hopefully that helps.

The problem for him I presume is he would lose the incentives if he went for a 2021.
You are right! That would be the only thing, and the fact that I might have to wait another 2 months which would total to 4 months hahaha. From what I heard is that it is worth the wait so we will see

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
2021 order banks been open for weeks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
A Guy! Thank you! I used the website that all the Canadian members used to pull up the window sticker but still can not seem to view my sticker on any US websites. I called the dealer this morning and they said that they put a push on it. He checked the latest status and he said that the estimated shipping date has changed from September 22nd to November 4th!!! He said it was good news that we at least have an estimated date but that also means that I have to wait at least another 4 weeks. Wondering now if they might actually cancel it because he said it is on and off D status
Hey Rami. I hear ya bud. Same thing here. You won’t be able to see it on the Infotainment | Vin Decoder site until it’s built,invoiced,released and started to ship. From what I can out It should be on the Canadian site when it D status. If it goes backwards in status it will disappear from the Canadian site. My order has been jumping all over the place too. But now it’s not even on the Canadian site. I called another dealer yesterday explaining what was happening, ( this was one of the 6 I had quotes from, talking about asking for a favour from a dealer I didn’t do the deal with, but she was ok with it ) gave her the VIN and she said it doesn’t exist anywhere in Chrysler’s system 🤣. Even she couldn’t understand it because I had a VIN. The only case she had encountered was a guy ordered a truck in May,never showed up,when it did it was a model year newer in November, but like she said there were no incentives then and the guy backed out. She even checked to see if the other dealer had any in transit, nope nothing, but my dealer won’t even get back to me. Unreal! I’ll be heading to the city on Friday to get an answer either way.

It’s pretty sad that there is 3 wide body’s that I could find in Canada within 3650 km of me 😅. Head south of the border are there are literally hundreds even thousands that are available all over the US on lots or in transit and the last 6 digits the sequential number are higher.🤔.

Anyhow best of luck and welcome!!!

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
Hey Rami. I hear ya bud. Same thing here. You won’t be able to see it on the Infotainment | Vin Decoder site until it’s built,invoiced,released and started to ship. From what I can out It should be on the Canadian site when it D status. If it goes backwards in status it will disappear from the Canadian site. My order has been jumping all over the place too. But now it’s not even on the Canadian site. I called another dealer yesterday explaining what was happening, ( this was one of the 6 I had quotes from, talking about asking for a favour from a dealer I didn’t do the deal with, but she was ok with it ) gave her the VIN and she said it doesn’t exist anywhere in Chrysler’s system 🤣. Even she couldn’t understand it because I had a VIN. The only case she had encountered was a guy ordered a truck in May,never showed up,when it did it was a model year newer in November, but like she said there were no incentives then and the guy backed out. She even checked to see if the other dealer had any in transit, nope nothing, but my dealer won’t even get back to me. Unreal! I’ll be heading to the city on Friday to get an answer either way.

It’s pretty sad that there is 3 wide body’s that I could find in Canada within 3650 km of me 😅. Head south of the border are there are literally hundreds even thousands that are available all over the US on lots or in transit and the last 6 digits the sequential number are higher.🤔.

Anyhow best of luck and welcome!!!
Thank you so much for your concise answer! I hear you too, it has been a long month and a half and if it will show up a 2021 with no incentives I am not sure if I will still want it. I would rather them tell me what is going on instead of me just drawing my own conclusions but I guess this is how it has to be for now. Thank you!

2021 order banks been open for weeks!

I honestly did not even know they were, I didn't even know the design was out yet but thank you for the information it will definitely help!

201 - 220 of 251 Posts