Dodge Challenger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recieved word my car has been built, just awaiting paint and inspection then it'll be shipped out. I'm across the country (in BC) so it'll likely be a bit of a wait to get here.

For those who don't know, I ordered June 26th, didn't get a VIN until early September. Challenger scatpack Shaker Manual. Assuming delivery will be mid to late October, maybe November. Total time from order to delivery I estimate will be around 17-18 week, if there are further delays maybe closer to 20.

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
I recieved word my car has been built, just awaiting paint and inspection then it'll be shipped out. I'm across the country (in BC) so it'll likely be a bit of a wait to get here.

For those who don't know, I ordered June 26th, didn't get a VIN until early September. Challenger scatpack Shaker Manual. Assuming delivery will be mid to late October, maybe November. Total time from order to delivery I estimate will be around 17-18 week, if there are further delays maybe closer to 20.
That might be good news for me, I ordered on August 6th which is almost two weeks after yours. Hang in there, hopefully it will be sooner than later. Did your dealer give you any shipping updates?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see on the Dodge.ca website that the Employee Pricing deals are now gone. It will be interesting to see if the dealer honors the original agreed to price if or when my car ever arrives (ordered June 23rd).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see on the Dodge.ca website that the Employee Pricing deals are now gone. It will be interesting to see if the dealer honors the original agreed to price if or when my car ever arrives (ordered June 23rd).
They should if they checked the “sold order protection” and if he never selected it, you should kick him in the “b___ls”.😂

You can always negotiate on an ordered car, if for some reason the dealer says no, then go somewhere else.

Yes, nothing like getting exactly what you want and nothing that you don't want. Just seems like you can never find that perfect car on the lot.

On the rebate, the dealer can lock them in, he just has to check this box.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
View attachment 1000266

I had always heard you could not lock them in...but this may explain it

If true, it becomes a question of which codes can be locked in, and how you would find that out

A Guy

Have a read through this Gold Book. Page 8 in the “Gold Book” price protection. Looks straight forward to me. You should get the agreed upon price as long as you take delivery in 14 days of the KZX date.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I was at my dealer today to check on my order of a 2020 widebody scat pack that I ordered back in August 3-4. After it jumped all over from different status points It’s at BX. The original VIN disappeared online in the Canadian Window Sticker site.
But the new news is that it’s now a 2021 with a new order date of September 24. I sat down with the sales manager and he said that it was changed by FCA and my order is still good with the deal I had signed for back July 31. FCA and the dealership will honour the deal with 0% and incentives In my original deal. Plus anything new like the memory seats I believe that are coming on the 2021’s. He is calling the regional sales guy for Western Canada this afternoon to see if they can put a rush on it because I was waiting since August. So it’s good news I guess. Sucks that I should of had it by now but hey it’s a 2021 now😂😂.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Homer I see that the Dodge.ca site still has the $5500 consumer cash available.

oh and when I asked the manager about the price protection, he said at their dealership when they put a factory order in. It’s automatically done. They select nothing and your original deal stands Unless there is a better one at time of delivery. But not both. You get to pick which ever one suits you best.

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
So I was at my dealer today to check on my order of a 2020 widebody scat pack that I ordered back in August 3-4. After it jumped all over from different status points It’s at BX. The original VIN disappeared online in the Canadian Window Sticker site.
But the new news is that it’s now a 2021 with a new order date of September 24. I sat down with the sales manager and he said that it was changed by FCA and my order is still good with the deal I had signed for back July 31. FCA and the dealership will honour the deal with 0% and incentives In my original deal. Plus anything new like the memory seats I believe that are coming on the 2021’s. He is calling the regional sales guy for Western Canada this afternoon to see if they can put a rush on it because I was waiting since August. So it’s good news I guess. Sucks that I should of had it by now but hey it’s a 2021 now😂😂.
That's really good news! Congrats Sully's Hemi, the fact that you kept your incentives and 0% is very good news! I ordered on August 6 so I am wondering if the same will happen with me, haven't heard anything about it from my dealer yet since my delivery time moved to November 4 so we will see.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's really good news! Congrats Sully's Hemi, the fact that you kept your incentives and 0% is very good news! I ordered on August 6 so I am wondering if the same will happen with me, haven't heard anything about it from my dealer yet since my delivery time moved to November 4 so we will see.
I drove 1.5 hrs to find out because the sales guy never replied to me on September 16. I couldn’t take it anymore😂Skipped him and walked in to the sales manager.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Homer I see that the Dodge.ca site still has the $5500 consumer cash available.

oh and when I asked the manager about the price protection, he said at their dealership when they put a factory order in. It’s automatically done. They select nothing and your original deal stands Unless there is a better one at time of delivery. But not both. You get to pick which ever one suits you best.
That's good news! I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow. I had half given up on the deal but maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black GT
10 Posts
I drove 1.5 hrs to find out because the sales guy never replied to me on September 16. I couldn’t take it anymore😂Skipped him and walked in to the sales manager.
That's dedication right there! Might do the same if I do not hear back from him in the next 2 weeks.

Mine might not be the same though, my window sticker is still coming up on the Canadian website.

·
Registered
96 Posts
He checked the latest status and he said that the estimated shipping date has changed from September 22nd to November 4th!!! He said it was good news that we at least have an estimated date but that also means that I have to wait at least another 4 weeks. Wondering now if they might actually cancel it because he said it is on and off D status
If I were a betting guy (which I am)😂 I would think it could be switched to a 2021 if it jumped from September to November ship date and your bouncing in and out of D status like I was. Hopefully FCA and your dealer honours your deal which they should if it gets switched to a 2021. Not all dealers do business the same way. I think the best to to sit down with the sales manager!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,038 Posts
Be sure to let us know how it goes. Sounds like your dealership itself is backing their offer

A Guy
That's exciting!

So are all colours carrying over from 2020? Or only some (obviously yours).
Available Exterior Colors:
  • Frostbite
  • F8 Green
  • Go Mango
  • Granite
  • Hellraisin
  • Indigo Blue
  • Octane Red
  • Pitch Black
  • Sinamon Stick
  • Smoke Show
  • TorRed