Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 R/T with the very base radio. No uconnect, no phone features, no xm, and a very basic display. If I wanted to upgrade to a 430 non-nav unit, how could I verify fittest before I purchase. I don't need navigation as my phone has a very good gps and I don't need xm really because I would use the hdd or the USB to play music off my phone which is the main reason I want to upgrade. I'm hoping to not spend to much on the whole deal so If anyone who has done the swap or knows anything about it could help out I would appreciate input.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
All you need to do is buy the radio and it is a direct swap. You will not have uconnect features unless you get the 730N which has the uconnect module built into it (you would have to get a mic or mirror mic and harness also.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding another question to this thread. What is the difference between the 430 ren and the 430 rbz? Will either work?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Ren is an earlier model of the 430 and has a different brand of hard drive. The very early model only have a 20 gig drive while the later model had 30 gig. The Rbz is from mid 2010 to present and has a more dependable manf. and hard drive. I just bought a used Ren for 142.00 plus shipping on ebay. Excellent shape out of a late 09 300. Your radio need to low speed bus. Was a drop in mod. Had dealer turn on camera feature and adding a back up camera from Steve White motors. Ren seems like they are cheaper then Rbz as everyone is looking for a Rbz. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts