Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found these on ebay. I can't find the 10" on the Factory Reproduction web site but I guess they see a big market for these and they are a new addition. They are very cheap and come with a 18mm offset that would fit like the viper wheels (perfect to the lip).
I think it is typo error when they list "viper" wheels for the IE style (I hope). I am sure they are not forged but wonder how much the cast will weigh? Great way to toss 295's and 315"s on the rears with a nice stance at 18mm front and back.
Anyway...here ya go...

IE TYPE:
20"Charger SRT8 Challenger Magnum 300C Tire Wheel Rim - eBay (item 350432487109 end time Mar-19-11 12:26:38 PDT)

All Black Charger Type:
20"Charger SRT8 Challenger Magnum 300C Tire Wheel Rim - eBay (item 350432493446 end time Mar-19-11 12:42:48 PDT)

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Considering that they're using the picture of my Challenger in their auction makes me think that it's a typo. I know for a fact that my FR wheels are 20x9 all the way around LOL. Hope I'm wrong though, 20x10 would be sweet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doesn't sound like they are the pictured ones:

You will receive: (2) 20x9 & (2) 20x10 B.C. 5x115mm Offset +18 Viper Rims

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I received confirmation last night from FR. Yes, the 20x10 rears are in stock!

Somebody please buy a set and post some pics ASAP!! I need to see what they're going to look like on the rear before I make the change!
:5:

·
Banned
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Somebody please buy a set and post some pics ASAP!! I need to see what they're going to look like on the rear before I make the change!
Thats great news Cannonballcobb! The deeper concave look on the 10's should look awesome. I can't order until my 2011 gets here but maybe I'll be the first.
Hey, they should toss you a pair of rears for being their poster child! no?:thumbsup: Your car looks great with those wheels, I remember reading your post last year.
and maybe you can tell them to fix the first listing where it says "viper rims".
thanks again.

·
Banned
675 Posts
awesome, I'm going to get some with my tax return money. Can I re-use my tps from my chrome clads? or do i need to purchase new ones?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Someone find out the weight!!!!! Thats the killer part. I think the wheels are really dope but someone somehwere will get rid of the IE SRT wheels for cheap

·
Banned
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone find out the weight!!!!! Thats the killer part. I think the wheels are really dope but someone somehwere will get rid of the IE SRT wheels for cheap
Hopefully they weigh no more than 33 lbs. I think the Vipers weigh that much.
Still I would sacrifice a bit of weight for the 10's and better offset than the IE wheels.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
awesome, I'm going to get some with my tax return money. Can I re-use my tps from my chrome clads? or do i need to purchase new ones?
You can re-use the TPS from the chrome clads, that's exactly what I did with the FR wheels and it worked fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts

So, for sure it's the IE/Daytona style? For sure, for sure??
Hmm.. Now I have to decide what finish I want...

I'm not getting mine just yet but I know they are going to look nice.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Banned
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So, for sure it's the IE/Daytona style? For sure, for sure??
Hmm.. Now I have to decide what finish I want...

I'm not getting mine just yet but I know they are going to look nice.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, confirmed, just like the Charger Super Bee / Now Challenger IE.
I think the machined face is perfect old school and the modern black pockets makes it look even nicer. :thumbsup:
These wheels have a nice 3d effect (no thin spokes) which I dig.
Fully polished (not machined) would look sweet also like below.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, confirmed, just like the Charger Super Bee / Now Challenger IE.
I think the machined is perfect old skool with a touch of new skool black pockets. :thumbsup:
Alriiiiiight, sounds good!
I think that's what I might go for. If they had a satin finish I'd probably go for that, but their choices are way on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Can't wait to order mine, I just gotta get rid of the heritage rims now!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hopefully they weigh no more than 33 lbs. I think the Vipers weigh that much.
Still I would sacrifice a bit of weight for the 10's and better offset than the IE wheels.

not sure about that one. The Viper style wheels they make weigh in at 47lbs rear and mid 30 for the front. staggered set up of course.

Can't habe "cheap" and "Lite" at the same time

But I di dig the wheels though, siiiiiick

1 - 20 of 26 Posts