Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not currently in the market for wheels & tires, but will likely be in the spring. I was wondering about Factory Reproductions wheels... if any of you folks have them, how to you like them? Is the fit & finish good? How about customer service / ordering / shipping? Do you have pics?

Also, as crazy as this sounds, has anyone experimented with the FR Jeep SRT-8 replica rims on a Challenger? I did a quick photochop over my car (as well as with some Charger SRT-8 rims) and the bolt patterns seem to line up. I assume the offset between LX and LC cars is the same, so I'm sure Charger wheels would fit (I've seen folks on here with the FR SRT-10 and SRT-8 300 replicas... they look great!)... but I'm not so sure about the Jeep SRT-8's.

See attached... any tips? :scratchhead:

-V-

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't the Jeeps have different bolt pattens (5X5) and a super high offset (+50)
They are nice wheels but me thinks they don't fit.
Yeah I must have missed that on their site, thanks for the reminder. Haha, well I feel stupid. Oh well, they do look cool... it'd be sweet if they fit.

The Charger/300 replicas will fit though, I'll look into those.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
The Charger SRT rims (basically the same as the '11 IE SRT) get my vote. But if you did wanna go with the JEEPs style, you could pick up some magnum SRT rims. If I remember right, the look pretty close

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Charger SRT rims (basically the same as the '11 IE SRT) get my vote. But if you did wanna go with the JEEPs style, you could pick up some magnum SRT rims. If I remember right, the look pretty close
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that FR doesn't make regular offset Charger/Challenger/300-spec rims with machined spokes & lip like they have for the AWD Charger:

Dodge Charger AWD - Machine/Black - Factory Reproductions

That finish and design REALLY resemble the 2011 SRT's (and is amazing).

I was originally going to go with Torq-Thrust M's, but it seems like everybody's got 'em and they're only 20 x 8.5s (or 22 x 9, but 22 is a bit large).

I'll keep shopping around, thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean, 20 x 8.5s in the front is okay with 20 x 10s in back I guess, but the OEM-looking replica wheels have a nice simplicity and stance in their design. I'd sacrifice a bit of contact area for appearance in the end...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the FR vipers wheels on mine. I absolutely love them. I get compliments on them all the time. They are a bit heavy but I plan on getting a diff set for the track.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that FR doesn't make regular offset Charger/Challenger/300-spec rims with machined spokes & lip like they have for the AWD Charger:
FR does, they're not listed on their website, you'll have to call them to order. I've had them on my R/T for over a year now. Great wheel for the money. I've got 275/40s on the back and the look is perfect IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts