Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my $200+ FSM CD and I'm amazed at what ISN'T on it compared to the paper volumes I've had in the past.

For example, unless I'm blind and stupid (possibility) I find no info on changing brake pads.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
It is hard to find but it is there. Look under Brakes, Base then Hydraulic/Mechanical then Pads.

I assume you are talking about the genuine Tech Authority CD manual.

But even given that it is there, I agree the paper manuals of the past are much better and as the years went by, the paper manuals became larger and then went to multiple volumes and I don't think they gave more information. Instead it was less information spread out and arranged for people who they assume could not read.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I took a transmission and small engine course in high school and we had these shop manuals that were utterly AWESOME.. schemetic style drawings and pictures and step by step numbered directions (1. remove eight(8) bolts around valve body (see figure 1) 2. remove part x 3. etc..)

I keep wishing I could find something like that for either of my cars and can never find anything even close to being as detailed and easy to follow..

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Just got my $200+ FSM CD and I'm amazed at what ISN'T on it compared to the paper volumes I've had in the past.

For example, unless I'm blind and stupid (possibility) I find no info on changing brake pads.
Where exactly did you buy the cd from? Need one for the 2010 SRT8...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
109 Posts
can you still buy factory service manuals (books)?
I've seen em once or twice, but never even entertained the idea of buying one because normally they want at least $400 for em..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
can one of you guys tell me how many pages the tech authority version is? 2009, thanks, And I thought these were $120...what happened? They're now $199???

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
About? :scratchhead:

classic...

I too wonder what the difference, if any, might be. Probably nothing. I will wait till I can get one for about $30. That is what it is worth to me. That type of thinking is what allowed me to get a Challenger in the first place.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anyone know if this version is the same/better/worse than the TechAuthority one?
I sent them an e-mail about a week ago and still have not heard anything from them. can't find much on the web about them, the reviews they have are really generic, ie- "what a great product!" "Worked great for me". Not a good review of what you are getting so that's why I sent the e-mail....but no info yet.. Aaron

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it is the exact same content as the factory disc I (and some others) will be kicking myself for paying the rip-off price from Mopar.

Google failed me again, I did an extensive search and the only FSM I could find was the factory offering.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You could always wait for the Haynes or Chiltons manuals whichever comes first.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I took a transmission and small engine course in high school and we had these shop manuals that were utterly AWESOME.. schemetic style drawings and pictures and step by step numbered directions (1. remove eight(8) bolts around valve body (see figure 1) 2. remove part x 3. etc..)

I keep wishing I could find something like that for either of my cars and can never find anything even close to being as detailed and easy to follow..
The best are forums like this one. Every so often someone takes a camera with them and you get huge pictures of each step, they tell you it's a 13 mm screw etc etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts