Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Factory Shaker parts for 392

23132 Views 63 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  keegs
I see the 5.7 Shaker hood and scoop etc. is available from Mopar so you could add it to a non shaker car.
So, when might the 392 scoop like the Scat Pack 392 Shaker be available? Or what would be needed to make the 5.7 scoop mount up to the 392? I assume the hoods will be the same?
I like the AFR and Cervini's set up but having the factory parts would be nice? The price may dictate what I would actually do though?
After seeing the Black Scat Pack Shaker 392 driving simulator at the Mile High Nats I have Shaker fever!

Attachments

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Registered
919 Posts
Ah so, not just the hood, he's selling the kit?
Correct, i am trading him some stock parts i have plus cash, he has everything needed, but 5.7 and mine 6.4, so i will like to know if i can now buy the bracket needed for my car or i have to make my own

· Super Moderator
18,738 Posts
Correct, i am trading him some stock parts i have plus cash, he has everything needed, but 5.7 and mine 6.4, so i will like to know if i can now buy the bracket needed for my car or i have to make my own
The parts would interchange from a shaker to non-shaker model, as you mentioned the bracket for the 6.4 engine is what you'll need to make it fit.

You'll also probably want to get the Mopar CAI for the rest of the shaker items to work with that. From the looks of mine (SP Shaker) the hole for the air tube from shaker to airbox appears to have been hand-formed, along with the two holes that are drilled for the scrivets that secure the tube to the CAI box.

There's also a different PCV fresh air hose since the stock airbox hose has a different length and shape vs. the CAI setup.

Reactions: viper-power

· Registered
919 Posts
The parts would interchange from a shaker to non-shaker model, as you mentioned the bracket for the 6.4 engine is what you'll need to make it fit.

You'll also probably want to get the Mopar CAI for the rest of the shaker items to work with that. From the looks of mine (SP Shaker) the hole for the air tube from shaker to airbox appears to have been hand-formed, along with the two holes that are drilled for the scrivets that secure the tube to the CAI box.

There's also a different PCV fresh air hose since the stock airbox hose has a different length and shape vs. the CAI setup.
Ok, so just need bracket, pvc amd cai,great thanks i am going to think about it as the cai its like 300 to 400, thanks..

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.