Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Factory Shaker parts for 392

25K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  keegs 
#1 ·
I see the 5.7 Shaker hood and scoop etc. is available from Mopar so you could add it to a non shaker car.
So, when might the 392 scoop like the Scat Pack 392 Shaker be available? Or what would be needed to make the 5.7 scoop mount up to the 392? I assume the hoods will be the same?
I like the AFR and Cervini's set up but having the factory parts would be nice? The price may dictate what I would actually do though?
After seeing the Black Scat Pack Shaker 392 driving simulator at the Mile High Nats I have Shaker fever!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
shaker kit in stock and ready to ship, the hood is very light and ecoated same as the factory, the functional shaker could produce slightly higher hps numbers, however only at speed in my opinion,

the shaker does direct fresh air to the box fairly efficiently, the air box seals from the top to the hood, fresh air is forced from the scoop into the back of the box, bottom of the fender and the front behind the headlight

so far from what we have been able to verified, the hood and front fenders on the 15 are different, its our opinion that the hood from a 15 will not fit a 14,

what appears to be the same between 14 and 15, door skins, 1/4 panels, roof and decklid

we know from inside sources, Mopar is working on a shaker kit for both the 6.4 and 5.7 for the 2015, however it will not retrofit and they do not appear to be interested at this time in developing a kit for the 11 thru 14 6.4 cars

you will see an option for a shaker on the 15, but nothing except the 2000 numbered cars for the 14 model year

luke

#10 ·
shaker kit in stock and ready to ship, the hood is very light and ecoated same as the factory, the functional shaker could produce slightly higher hps numbers, however only at speed in my opinion,

the shaker does direct fresh air to the box fairly efficiently, the air box seals from the top to the hood, fresh air is forced from the scoop into the back of the box, bottom of the fender and the front behind the headlight

so far from what we have been able to verified, the hood and front fenders on the 15 are different, its our opinion that the hood from a 15 will not fit a 14,

what appears to be the same between 14 and 15, door skins, 1/4 panels, roof and decklid

we know from inside sources, Mopar is working on a shaker kit for both the 6.4 and 5.7 for the 2015, however it will not retrofit and they do not appear to be interested at this time in developing a kit for the 11 thru 14 6.4 cars

you will see an option for a shaker on the 15, but nothing except the 2000 numbered cars for the 14 model year

luke
Luke,

What is included in the Mopar 392 shaker kit & how much?

Thanks.

#4 ·
Feel free to look at my sig pic and drool while you figure this out ;)

#15 ·
What did you come up with to mount the shaker to the 392 intake? Pics/details?

#25 ·
Lookin' good stonewall!!!

#27 ·
Yeah no doubt, in a very good way though. Your black/yellow contrast really makes it pop, prepare to get a lot of attention :) I find myself watching my shaker a little too much when driving sometimes lol. You can't help it though, it's like looking at a woman with a really nice ass or perfect cleavage, mine has definitely brought a lot of owner happiness :)

#29 ·
Wow that looks great! Time to de-badge the fender IMO.

#40 ·
I have been researching this a bit and found out that the OEM shaker hood is compatible with the 2015 model according to the Mopar site. Both the 2015 SXT Plus and R/T Plus are listed as "compatible":
Hood - 82213396 | Mopar

The same is not true for the induction kit though:
Hood - 82214110AB | Mopar

I really am in love with the shaker design and want a 2015 shaker but have decided that the SRT8 benefits are worth it, so plan to buy a Mopar kit when it is available and fit that to the SRT8.

I guess I'll check back in about a month to see if it is available yet!

#48 ·
Hood kit for 2015 6.4L shaker kit 82214312
Induction kit 2015 6.4L shaker kit 82214586ab

They're in the system but not available for order.

Doctor No, where did you get that info? This is the first I've heard of a date. Getting excited!

Reactions: BrightSRT8
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.