Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if my stripes are factory or someone else put them on? I have a 2010 r/t classic. I see the same stripes for sale on eBay IMG_0011.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,351 Posts
your sides stripes appear to be OEM (they should be matte black)

the hood stripe is aftermarket - Chrysler hasn't offered a hood stripe in that style

·
Super Moderator
15,351 Posts
That's up to you - its a combination of the SRT hood stripe (split in middle) and the R/T logo overlay.

If the vinyl is in good shape, might want to leave it.

If you're going for the stock look, then it would only have the side stripes

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Since your asking .... my opinion is remove one or the other. I prefer the side stripes.......

·
Registered
225 Posts
They look factory to me. This is my 09 R/T that I got in 2012 with 3800 miles. There was only a cold air induction on it. No exhaust or tuner etc...leading me to believe it was original. I removed them and put plain stripes without the R/T cut into them and changed the side stripes to strobes.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing you might consider before removing is the possibility of a paint color mismatch due to paint discoloration over the years. There are many variables to consider, paint color, time of stripe on vehicle, sun exposure over the years, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
They look factory to me. This is my 09 R/T that I got in 2012 with 3800 miles. There was only a cold air induction on it. No exhaust or tuner etc...leading me to believe it was original. I removed them and put plain stripes without the R/T cut into them and changed the side stripes to strobes.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Your hood stripe is not factory, that was never offered. They didn't offer a hood stripe for the R/T until 2015 and it's different (modern hood stripe - looks like flipping the bird). Prior to 2015, R/Ts could get the hood-to-fender "war" stripes or the R/T Classic side stripes. That's all that were offered.

To the OP, ditch the hood stripe and keep those gorgeous R/T Classic side stripes. If your car is a true "Classic" model that should also tip off if they're factory. Looks like it is.

·
Registered
537 Posts
One thing you might consider before removing is the possibility of a paint color mismatch due to paint discoloration over the years. There are many variables to consider, paint color, time of stripe on vehicle, sun exposure over the years, etc. Good luck!
AGREE....... :surprise:

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I think I am going take the stripe off the hood. I like the factory look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pull em off if ya want, of course, but I think they look really sharp. The whole car is lookin' good, just like it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts