Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a 8" sub that i can mount in the factory hole in the rear deck that dosen't require an enclosure?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do they make a 8" sub that i can mount in the factory hole in the rear deck that dosen't require an enclosure?
Funny you just asked this, I was just now researching it, lol.

That and it people have opened the hole without a sub there so more base would come through from subs they have in the trunk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
What is the best free air subwoofer on the market?
That I would not know. You may want to read the Crutchfield reviews to get an idea. You could look up ones specific for the Challenger, and see if Challenger owners have reviewed them. The first one in the Amazon list was a Kicker, that can be used as a sealed, vented, ported or free air and had a very good review from a GTO owner that mounted to in his rear deck to replace 6.5". Said they sounded more like 10".and they are pretty well priced. Here is the New model of the same sub at Crutchfield, and had good reviews even a couple free air

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CWCS84/Kicker-44CWCS84.html

·
Registered
223 Posts
I doubt there will be a lot of response to this subject, as when I researched it, I hardly found a thing about the rear deck sub.

I just started a thread asking about using the hole as a port for truck mounded subs, to see if anyone had opened up the hole for those that don't have a sub there... I have a passive radiator that I may dink around with to see if anything could be improved. I'm not looking to build another crazy sound system like in my past vehicles, as I hardly crank this one, because it a 6speed and enjoy listening to the Challenger singing. So I'm just wanting a well rounded spectrum that I can hear, with quality. But if it is missing mid bass, I may add a single free air sub in the rear deck with a small high level input amp to fill it in. I won't know until I start installing everything...

I was goimg to install everything this weekend, but I hate, HATE, working on cars in the cold. It seams that's all I ever do, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Kicker 8" linked above does NOT fit in the rear deck. The whole is big enough to fit the speaker, but none of the holes on the speaker allow mounting to the actual deck. A custom adapter must be used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts