Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having my wheels stripped and powder coated now, Mecanic told me that there were hammered on weights on the inside of the wheels, he noticed corrosion already started on the rims not to mention the metal clips where in contact with the rubber! My question is why aren’t they using flat stick on weights at the factory.
My car is only 10 months old, I can only imagine how much corrosion would be there if I waited 2-3 years before getting new tire.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My Wheels had the stick on weights. I got the T/A 1320 Black Spider wheels and they also have the stick on weights. I can't imagine why you have the old style hammer on .

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
361 Posts
Hi,

My 2020 has stick on weights as well

Regards,
Jim

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked him for pic’s but he said he already removed them and stripped them down to bare metal. My only thought is that the car has a June 2020 build date, which makes it one the first couple hundred to come down the line after the factory re-start, wondering if they changed the way they balanced them.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The inner edge has hammer-on weights, the outer edge has stick-on weights.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts