Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello again!!,
It's been a little time since I last posted but I've some news to report after seeking forum info....I've added the upper strut tower to stop the tire wear, then added new sneakers (toyo's), the K&N cold air induction has helped but still looking to plug and play for better performance.

Considering a new throttle body but don't know a thing about them ...I only know that if I buy the right one the car will launch outta the hole the way I want it to.
The interior accents I've added...blue LED interior addition and replacement lights, the Hurst automatic comp kit, along with the 370cu.in. badges on the interior and exterior have lead to my first throphy for overall appearence.

But what I need now is to purchase that correct throttle body to launch outta the hole so the wife can take it to her first 1/4 mi. experience....any ideas???
Can use your help again!! Thanx everyone in advance!!!! We love this car!!
Scott & Alice

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't bother with a bigger TB if you don't have other mods installed. If you want your auto to launch like bat outta hell you'll want to adjust the shifts and to do that you need to get a predator/trinity and install a tune along with a percentage of throttle boost.
Start with a low percentage and work your way up otherwise if you turn it up all the way to 20% it will jump straight into the car ahead of you lol! that's how fast it launches!

PS: you'll want to pull out that F2 Fuse for 15 seconds as well since it will reset all the adaptives, including shifts to make things even more instantaneous. Good Luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
i got a diablo trinity on my rt auto put on the 91 cai tune and put it at 20% boost and i feel like it is the same car nothing changed and i have magnaflow cat back to. what am i doing wrong

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Seat time my friend. I have over 30 1/8th mile runs since the middle of March.My baseline with only a K&N drop in was 2.34 60ft, and a pitiful [email protected] mph.Since adding two magnaflows in place of the suitcase ,a 180* stat and a Predator 93cai tune.Been running in extreme heat over 90*f My last ten runs have been 8 2.1 60s and 2 2.0 60s. running 8.8s @80-81 mph. .2 I credit to better 60s and .6 from the tune and mods.Running stock RWS's at full pressure.My technique is two short burnouts to get the water off my tires.Shallow stage so as not to redlight.Brake torque to 12-1500rpm and leave on the last yellow. Reaction times have been in the .25 range and I have won 19/20 when I had an opponent. Three were Challenger 6-speeds, one a 2011 392 and 2 R/t's.Lowering tire pressures on these stock 20" wheels will reduce the footprint of the tire and actually hurt your 60's. Too high will have you running on the center of the tire, too low will have you running on the edges.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
o.k. now I feel stupid....?preditor? ?trinity? 90cai?
DiabloSport makes the Predator and Trinity products. The difference between the Trinity and the Predator is about $300-400, a LCD screen, the ability to hook it up to a air/fuel gauge wideband. For you, a Predator will do you just fine and you can get them for $200 in the classifieds section. They are computer programmers that modify the engine computer on the Challenger. With it, you can adjust many variables related to the car tune.

For example,
You can adjust for 93 octane fuel. You can raise the shift points now to 6000 rpm on 08-10 5.7L applications (9r29 revision update). You can adjust the fan settings lower to run a cooler engine temperature when used with a lower thermostat.

All of that aside, the stock 80mm throttle body is sufficient for the 5.7L. You're best bet is to purchase a DiabloSport Predator for $200. Update it with the 9r29 revision. Make adjustments and then practice working on getting your 60fts between 1.9-2.0 on stock tires. Brake standing at 1200-1500 rpms will help with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts